Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 11 January 2012 9.33am
Hi all,

New to this as have just moved to the area in October so hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows of anything going on in the Bermondsey Street area for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee on 3rd June? The 7 mile floatilla will be finishing around Tower Bridge in the afternoon and I think it would be a great idea to maybe organise something in one of the parks - maybe Tanner Street - or maybe even on a section of Bermondsey Street organise a street party?

Please let me know your thoughts!
Wednesday 11 January 2012 5.26pm
Great idea. I've fond memories of the Silver and Golden Jubilees.
Monday 16 January 2012 7.21pm
It think it's marvellous that they are considering a new Royal Yacht. At 60 million, I for one think it would be money well spent.

MPs are saying "no public funding should be provided" - I believe that and can't wait to see her waving at us from it.
Tuesday 17 January 2012 6.36am
Dunno about the yacht...the Queen is no spring chicken and to think we're building a yacht for Charles and Camilla..er...

However, and SE1 bash for the Jubilee is a great idea. I would gladly host a firework do on my terrace, but to be near the Thames for the flotilla..who's got a flat looking over the River? Or can we book one of the pubs????
Tuesday 17 January 2012 10.42am
I am also looking forward to the Jubilee celebrations. I think a SE1 forum bash sounds great, but it would be nice if we were able to do that really in the form of a street party, somewhere in a nice street or, for instance, in the Leathermarket gardens. Not sure what the conditions are from the side of Southwark Council. Otherwise, the Mayflower in Rotherhithe is a great option and a very nice pub indeed!
Wednesday 18 January 2012 6.55am
Oh yes, yes, let's do something! My "street" is not very conducive but will happily bring food, drink, bunting and a smile if we can find somewhere!
Wednesday 18 January 2012 7.38am
Watching the flotilla on the Thames will be the biggie...so why dont we investigate booking out one of the places along the route?
Monday 23 January 2012 8.47am
good idea Jackie. I suspect we would have to move fast though.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Saturday 11 February 2012 1.19pm
The Bermondsey Street Area Partnership (BSAP) is exploring the possibility of organising a street party at some point over the holiday weekend. Aiming to keep it simple - so not another Bermondsey Street Festival (that is exhausting enough to organise - and we are always on the look out for volunteers!). Just tables with overflow in Tanner St Park. Bring your own food / chairs / friends / neighbours etc. No food stall or anything. If we can make it all work out I'll keep the thread updated.
Sunday 15 April 2012 4.09pm
There is a party planned for the Sunday at the Whitemiths Arms (Crosby Row) with a BBQ. The plan is in the early stages but watch this space!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: