Come Dine with Us 2012

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Jac
Saturday 17 March 2012 3.58pm
We are a group of SE1ers who meet in groups of six, approximately once a month usually on a Friday or Saturday in each others home, to enjoy good food, wine and company.

The current round of dinners is coming to an end, so we are planning the next round. If you have seen our posts on the more come dine with us thread or just spotted this one and fancy giving it a go now is a good time to join us.

The next round will start in May with dinners in May, June, July, August or September October and November

We take it in turns to host a dinner party and contribute, either one of the courses or the accompanying wine to a course. As we all contribute to the meal, it has the fabulous advantage of spreading both the cost and the work involved making it a great credit crunching social activity.

Over time the group has grown and changed, with some people leaving and new faces joining so it continues to be a brilliant way of meeting new people as well as meeting up with old friends. The groups vary from month to month so it is not the same six people at each meal.

It is open for anyone who lives in Se1 to join. If you are interested then PM me your email address and I shall send you the details
Sunday 13 May 2012 3.41pm
First dinner party of the new rota last night. Very enjoyable...The Gourmets had...
Pre-dinner drink of Codornui Brut Extra with crisps.
Starter:Fig, parma ham and ricotta tarts with rocket salad
Simera Salerno (Italian) Chardonnay/Verdecco 2010
Main course:Duck with maple syrup vinagrette, wild mushrooms and spinach with new potatoes
56 The Township Gallery (S.African) and Les Taules 2010 (Catalan)
DessertYummy pavolvas with passion fruit and cream
Jackson Triggs Vidal Ice Wine (had it in Canada amazing)
Plus a few other after dinner drinks
Lovely evening
Saturday 30 June 2012 3.37pm
The Gourmets met last night and enjoyed a great summers evening of food, wine and conversation
Pre-dinner: Codorniu Vintage Cava 2008 with olives and almonds
Starter: A delicious pancetta and vegetable quiche with Calvet Sauvignon Blanc 2011
Main: Lamb chops with mint and lemon served with pita, tzatzaki and a courgette and bean salad. We drank Serabel Gigondas 2010 and Des Hauts Chassis Crozes Hermitage 2008.
Dessert: A yummy blueberry trifle with Lime Bay Winery Blackcurrant Wine
Post dessert we had a selection of cheeses washed down with a final bottle of red wine.
Thanks to all.
Wednesday 18 July 2012 11.23pm
UnaS, surely the group should've been named "The Gourmands", nes pas?
Wednesday 25 July 2012 8.38pm
The Foodies met on Saturday 14th July, and as it was Bastille Day we decided to have a vaguely french theme. We started the evening with mini aubergine, sundried tomato and mozzerella party rolls accompanied by Codorniu Brut Cava. Our delicious starter was baked camembert with thyme accompanied by warm petit pains and Alianza 2011 Sauvignon Blanc. For the main we had salmon en croute with mange tout, haricots vert and new potatoes. Our main course wines were white Conti Cantinieri 2011 Soave and a lovely Cairanne 2009 Cotes du Rhone Villages. For our dessert we had a fantastic creme brulee with cherries accompanied by Jaillance Clairette de Die dessert wine. My mouth is now watering at the memory!

Thank you to my five lovely guests (a couple of whom even dressed to match the french theme!) for coming and bringing such great food and wine. I really enjoyed myself and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Jac
Wednesday 8 August 2012 11.09pm
August Gourmets met last Friday and enjoyed

Sacchetto Extra dry Prosecco

Weiss burgunder 2011
Greek meze

Equera Rioja cosecha 2010 , Castello de anna Gran reserva valencia 2004

Souvaliki
flat breads
Tzatziki
char grilled vegetables
tabbouleh

Disznoko Tokaji Aszu 2001

Greek yogurt honey and nuts
Bakalava with ginger ice cream

Despite all being a little tired on a Friday night after a busy week of work and Olympic watching we had a fabulous evening and were lucky enough to enjoy the evening being just about warm enough to eat outside for the 1st time this year.
Friday 10 August 2012 12.57pm
August's Foodies are meeting tomorrow evening (Sat) ... I can't wait!!
Friday 7 September 2012 9.18am
Oh I am missing all this. Hope you're all having good dinners. It looks like you are!
Jac
Friday 7 September 2012 9.58am
dronid wrote:
Oh I am missing all this. Hope you're all having good dinners. It looks like you are!
we miss you too. Hope you will be back with us soon .
Monday 17 September 2012 8.15am
August Foodies met on Saturday 11 August and we had a starter of home made smoked haddock chowder, a main course of vegetable bake with salad, and a dessert of raspberry clafoutis. I don't have the wine bottles as I was not the host but a great time was had by all. The host kindly put the TV on so we had the Olympics live in the background.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: