Se1 come dine with us in 2013

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 19 February 2013 11.51am
If you enjoy cooking and like meeting new people you may want to consider joining the SE1 Come dine with us group. For a few years now we have been meeting in each others homes approximately once a month usually on a Friday or Saturday to enjoy good food, wine and company.
Over time the group has grown and changed, with some people leaving and new faces joining so it continues to be a brilliant way of meeting new people as well as meeting up with old friends.

We meet in groups of six (which change so it is not the same group of six people each month) and take it in turns to host a dinner party or contribute, either one of the courses or the accompanying wine to a course. As we all contribute to the meal, it has the fabulous advantage of spreading both the cost and the work involved making it a great credit crunching social activity.

It is open for anyone who lives in SE1 and it would be lovely to have some new people join the group again this time. We work out the groups on a 6 month rota so each person gets to do each thing once but don't worry if you are new you will not be asked to host a group straight away. The host will try to arrange a date for each dinner party to suit everyone at that meal but if you can not make it one month there is usually a reserve willing to step in, in your place. I shall be working out the next rota very soon so do let me know if you would like to be on it. If you are interested then PM me your email address and I shall send you more details.
Tuesday 5 March 2013 12.59pm
Its really fantastic.I will come to join the party. Thanks for sharing such information.
Tuesday 5 March 2013 8.07pm
I hope to be doing the rota for the next set of dinners in the next in the next few days. If any body else is interested please contact me with your email address via PM asap and I will send out details. Don't be worried about being new you are always welcome and we always have a least a couple of new faces including this time so you are not on your own.
Wednesday 13 March 2013 11.49am
Hello!!! Id love to join this please :) I will PM you with my email address xxx
Wednesday 13 March 2013 11.53am
Hi Jac

Have just sent you a PM

Wednesday 13 March 2013 11.02pm
Looks like we are all set for another round with 3 groups meeting each month. Just waiting on a couple of replies but hope to have a rota out to you all by the end of next week ready to start again in April. Cant wait its been ages.
Saturday 23 March 2013 9.35pm
The new rota is ready just need to update contact details and I shall be sending it out.
Saturday 30 March 2013 11.07pm
Rota has been sent out so if you are participating you should have it by now. Looking forward to our 1st meals in April.
Friday 19 April 2013 7.55pm
Hi, sounds great would love to join come dine with me
Wednesday 24 April 2013 9.13pm
Hi Susan We have just started a new rota so I was going to suggest that you went on the reserves list in the meantime if you think it is for you. That said there is a possibility that someone is going to have to drop out due to unforeseen circumstances so there may be a place sooner rather than later. To join you need to live in SE1. If you send me your email address via the Private message option and I will send you some details, or maybe I will see you at the book club next week. Both are great ways to meet new people and make friends in the area.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: