Queer events

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Mar
Sunday 12 May 2013 1.31pm
I (f/39) have just moved to SE1 and I would like to meet queer people around here who are up for interesting events such as the queer cinema in Union Street. But I am open to other activities as well.
Tuesday 14 May 2013 9.10am
Mar, could you clarify what and where the Queer Cinema is in Union street?

Jantoo..(old and thick!)
Wednesday 15 May 2013 7.11am
Are those of us who are not queer unworthy of meeting?
Mar
Wednesday 15 May 2013 7.09pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
Are those of us who are not queer unworthy of meeting?

No, Jackie! Thatīs not the point. I am sorry if you feel offended because my text says that I want to meet queer people. But from my experience, straight people are not into queer events. And as I am still exploring my new neighbourhood, I am particularly interested in meeting queer people in order to learn about queer life around here. Does this make any sense?
But of course, if you are interested in any queer events, I am happy to hear from you again.

Well, I will change my text if possible as I donīt mean to discriminate anybody!
Thursday 16 May 2013 11.29am
The word itself "queer" is not particularly relevant in 2013 is it ? Or maybe I am just being picky ?

And one of the joys of living in SE1 is the huge diversity of people to meet, and places to go - without any segration that might have been the case a few years ago
Thursday 16 May 2013 6.11pm
We have been here before, haven't we? I think it was someone introducing gay yoga and I was one of the militant culprits telling him off for segregating. And now poor Mar is being lectured on inclusiveness SE1 style.

Mar, welcome to SE1. We're a funny lot, many of us 'queer' or gay or straight, young old, fat and skinny...etc.

Do join one of our socials- great fun and you'll meet very interesting people. I have been part of this community for 10 years and made great, great friends.
Friday 17 May 2013 9.02am
Exactly.
Mar
Monday 17 June 2013 11.06pm
Thanks a lot, Linix!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: