Local friendships in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 27 October 2014 8.41pm
Hi all
SE1 is a great place to live and explore. I've lived in the area for a good many years and there's so many interesting things to do and see but difficult to get friends to these parts.
I'm a girl who just likes doing down to earth things and sharing experiences like Walks, galleries, markets, café/people watching, drinks, parks/picnics, independent shops, architecture, old London, the Thames with other like-minded individuals. I have an interest in most (legal) things and open to new thoughts and cultures.

It'd be great to meet people, great to be able to come home, shower and not have to jump back on a bus or tube from time to time.

Hopefully speak soon.
Dami
Saturday 1 November 2014 4.55pm
hello - one approach would to meet more of the SE1ers at book club or even organising a pub quiz or something that interests you - providing an opportunity to find likeminded people locally to share experiences with... I've been lucky to make some good friends and meet some lovely people through SE1 forum organised events. Best of luck.
Monday 3 November 2014 6.38pm
Another great way to meet fellow SE1'ers is the SE1 Dinner Club. Nothing like bonding over lots of great food & wine in someone's lovely home which is staggering distance from one's own.
Monday 3 November 2014 10.37pm
Thank you for this and you're right, food is a great ice breaker
D
Monday 3 November 2014 10.49pm
I have recently returned to a local book club, planned to meet this week. I was thinking of something more spontaneous. Sometimes you dont have any plans but would just like to hang out and have a giggle.
D
Tuesday 4 November 2014 10.57am
ddam wrote:
I have recently returned to a local book club, planned to meet this week. I was thinking of something more spontaneous. Sometimes you dont have any plans but would just like to hang out and have a giggle.
D
much easier to be spontaneous with known friends than complete strangers
Friday 7 November 2014 5.37pm
there used to be a 'Friday night in the pub' thread, or something similar, on this very forum, a few years ago.
If anyone just wanted a pint, they'd post to the thread, saying which day and time, and which pub.
it wasn't always Friday night, and it was usually spontaneous (same day) - and the person didn't normally mind sitting in a pub on their own if no-one else turned up.

If you can't find the thread (or if I imagined it) - why not start your own thread doing just this?!
Monday 10 November 2014 8.27am
Hi JonR
thank you for the suggestion but I haven't come across it in my search here. Tried to set groups up in the past and though people are usually enthusiastic, commitment can be an issue.
Have made some contacts from here in the last few weeks but thank. Have a good day.
D
Saturday 29 November 2014 5.16pm
Do the Brittania still have their social/quiz nights?
Thursday 13 August 2015 3.38pm
Excellent stuff. Keep posting
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: