Come Dine With Us in 2015 (SE1 Dinner Club)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 12 January 2015 12.48pm
If you enjoy cooking and like meeting new people you may want to consider joining the London SE1 dinner club with us. For a few years now we have been meeting in each others homes approximately once a month usually on a Friday or Saturday to enjoy good food, wine and company.
Over time the group has grown and changed, with some people leaving and new faces joining so it continues to be a brilliant way of meeting new people as well as meeting up with old friends.

We meet in groups of six (which change so it is not the same group of six people each month) and take it in turns to host a dinner party or contribute, either one of the courses or the accompanying wine to a course. As we all contribute to the meal, it has the fabulous advantage of spreading both the cost and the work involved making it a great credit crunching social activity.

It is open for anyone who lives in SE1 and it would be lovely to have some new people join the group again this time. We work out the groups on a 6 month rota so each person gets to do each thing once but don't worry if you are new you will not be asked to host a group straight away. The host will try to arrange a date for each dinner party to suit everyone at that meal but if you can not make it one month there is usually a reserve willing to step in, in your place.

The next round of dinners for the London SE1 dinner club will start in Feb or March. If you are interested then PM me with your email address and I will forward more details about the club. Julie and I will now set up the new rota so please confirm if you would like to join the new rota by 24th January 2015 after that date we will start planning the rota.

Please note that we have set up a Facebook Group "London SE1 dinner club".
Please see link below and visit us, join us and like us.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/761376877271631/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Jac
Tuesday 13 January 2015 11.52am
Thank you Hilga and Julie for taking over the reins. I am looking forward to a new round of dinner parties.

I know we already have one new member, so if anyone is hesitating thinking they will not know anyone then you can be reassured as you will not be the only one. I have met some really fantastic people through this group as well has enjoyed many a fabulous meal.
Sunday 22 March 2015 1.09pm
The winos met on 14 March. It was good to welcome new members Eva, Helen and David to the SE1 dinner club.
We started the evening with some Allini Prosecco extra dry served with salmon pate and mushroom pate on croutons.
The starter was mackerel pate with home made blinis with a 2014 Sancerre.
The main course was a Hungarian style goulash with noodles and pak choi with garlic and oyster sauce and a 2013 Oyster Bay Pinot Noir.
For dessert we had a lovely refreshing mango pudding which was accompanied by a multi-award winning 2009 Palinda from Australia.
Conversation was wide ranging and thanks to everyone for such a lovely evening.
Thursday 13 August 2015 3.37pm
Most civilised ....keep me posted please

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: