SE1 Book Club 2015

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 7 of 9
Saturday 10 October 2015 11.12am
Have just seen that I am required to be away for a management meeting on 4th...
I'll see you for the December one.
Thursday 29 October 2015 3.01pm
Bar area at Royal Oak confirmed for 7.30 on Wed 4th. Under my name.
Sorry I won't be there!
Wednesday 4 November 2015 11.38am
I have started (but not yet finished) reading the book. Planning to be there if anyone else is?
Jac
Wednesday 4 November 2015 6.48pm
yep will be there but possibly not for long
Wednesday 4 November 2015 7.14pm
Hi all, i'll be there too, though not for long either.
Wednesday 4 November 2015 11.01pm
Just discovered this tonight after searching for a local book club ... Typical it should be on the night it's all happening and I've already missed it. Sadly I'll miss December as well since I'm at a convention in Malta, so I guess this will be a new year tradition. Looking forward to joining in then!
Jac
Thursday 5 November 2015 10.05am
Chris Thompson wrote:
Just discovered this tonight after searching for a local book club ... Typical it should be on the night it's all happening and I've already missed it. Sadly I'll miss December as well since I'm at a convention in Malta, so I guess this will be a new year tradition. Looking forward to joining in then!

Look forward to meeting you in the new year
Jac
Thursday 5 November 2015 10.16am
Just a small group made it last night and unfortunately none of us had actually managed to complete the book (apart from NatLondon who had suggested it) So the good news is that we all now have until 2nd December to finish the book - Leo the African / Leo Africanus, by Amin Maalouf.

Like last year we thought it would be a nice to have a special December meeting and I will book a table at Fine foods Deli again. Can you please let me know if you think you will make it so I can get an idea of numbers.

Also the Royal Oak was significantly busier and nosier on a Wednesday, So if we are all in agreement we could try the 3rd Monday of the month, starting in Jan.
Friday 6 November 2015 12.48pm
Yes for the Christmas get-together, please count me in.
And good idea for 3rd Mondays.
Saturday 7 November 2015 9.38am
Wednesday 2nd for Christmas club/dinner works for me too, and so does third Monday from January - worth a try after the noisy Wed. last week.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 7 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: