SE1 Book Club 2017

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Monday 15 May 2017 9.59pm
Hello All, I met Claire tonight. & would love to come along to the next meet up. Can you let me know what book to read. Many thanks Sam
Thursday 18 May 2017 3.07pm
Well it was only Clare, Tim and myself last Monday, we are dwindling.......

We are not sure of what book was voted in, but we did book the venue for June.

Clare is post the book choice that we made for reading.

Any suggestions on how we can get the numbers back up?
Monday 22 May 2017 1.40pm
aargh - I got the wrong Monday, thought it was today!

Not sure about the final vote for June (from Tattie's list earlier in the chain), only that two of us voted for Cheeta... - what did you guys / ladies vote for on the day?

Just so I get it right this time, which Monday will it be in June? Am I right in thinking it is 19th June?
Monday 22 May 2017 7.54pm
I also thought it was tonight?? I didn't see a date posted - what is the date for the next one??
Monday 22 May 2017 7.55pm
Ha Ha you are not the only one I thought it was tonight too! The early 3rd monday caught me out.
That said I also forgot today and was about to dump down my bags and rush out to meet you all.

Looks like Me cheetah got the vote (all be it only 2) so thats the book for June. Will wait to hear from Clare re Julys choice.

See you on 19th June
Sunday 11 June 2017 2.31pm
SJS22, we'd love to have you along to the book club. The next one is 19th June.
Sunday 11 June 2017 2.36pm
The book for July (17th) is
The No1 Ladies Detective Agency - The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon by Alexander McCall Smith.

If you've not read any of the Ladies Detective Agency before, it will give you a whole new perspective on Botswana. If you have read some, then this is quite a recent story and continues the lives of Ma Ramostwe Ma Makutsi and the Agency with some minor machinations from their arch rival Violet Sephotho.
Thursday 15 June 2017 5.48pm
Hi

I can not come on Monday, but regarding a monthly quiz suggestion. The Draft House on Tower Bridge on Wednesday does a quiz night. 2 per person. I am going to go the first Wednesday of every month, please feel free to come join/help!

See you in July
Sunday 18 June 2017 4.43pm
Does anyone have a copy of a book we read a couple of years ago, The Rosie Project by George Simsion (autocorrect is doing its best to change this to Simpson...)? Mine was a library book but I'd like to get one for a friend and it seems silly to buy it elsewhere if someone has one they'd like to sell me.

If you have one and are willing to part with it (for a modest price..), can you bring it along to bookclub tomorrow?
Thanks.
Jac
Sunday 18 June 2017 10.56pm
So sorry but Mr jac and I cant make book club tomorrow and I was about to say so see you in July but we can not do that either as we will away fro Williams graduation. so It will have to be August. which i think means i will have missed 4 in a row which has never happened before.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: