Autumn/ winter social

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Monday 18 October 2004 10.56pm
It must be about time we had another social?

May I suggest the week commencing 1st November? Maybe the 3rd or 4th? (Though my niece is due on the 4th, so maybe that's not a good date.) I hear the Bermondsey Kitchen has a special offer on cocktails, so I'll moot that as a venue for consideration. But I am just suggesting these as starting points....
Monday 18 October 2004 11.16pm
My best suggestion is a quiet corner where I can finish the bottle of Baileys I started tonight.

Why did James close the thread on yummy mummies. Jac and I and, in time, sister of TLMJJ could have offered our services. Along with Tharg and the bearded Mrs Ivanhoe of course. It would make compelling viewing.

But that is off the point. Cocktails sound good. I have a worrying amount of availability in November. Except for the weekend when the good husband plans to take me off to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. Trouble is that I don't have a clue when this is.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 19 October 2004 7.59am
Count me in! Having spent the last three weeks as builders mate, painter, decorator, renovator etc I am ready to get back into my high heels and swig cocktails!
Tuesday 19 October 2004 11.16am
sarah2 - you can't remember which weekend in november your 10th wedding anniversary is?!
That's normally a husband thing isn't it!? I'm appalled.

We do have to take into consideration the cider making weekend as well. Surely that's a social event (I'd hope it will be anyway) - it won't just be for making cider, it'll be a fun day out for all the family! Activities on the farm (presumably the normal weekend farm type stuff), bread making (of some sort), and of course getting your feet wet jumping up and down no some apples ;-)

then again cocktails in the Bermondsey Kitchen sounds like a great idea.
Tuesday 19 October 2004 11.30am
I would like to attend the cocktail event. I would also urge everyone to come to the cider pressing too, where I hope that the Blake triplets might set up the Tunnel Of Goats.
Tuesday 19 October 2004 11.59am
Bermondsey Kitchen sounds good - a chance to meet you SE1 people. I was an SW1 person until about a month ago!
Jac
Tuesday 19 October 2004 5.44pm
Sounds good to me the 3rd is my birthday and my husband is going away! So as long as I can get a baby sitter I'd love somewhere to go that night.
Tuesday 19 October 2004 6.16pm
I'd like to come, but I'm a bit scary, and I don't know which knife to eat my peas from.

Ignorance is bliss
Wednesday 20 October 2004 6.10am
I'd be up for the 3rd. Having been thoroughly educated about proper cider, I now need educating about coctails.
Wednesday 20 October 2004 7.44am
I'd be up for cocktails on the 3rd too - then again, I'm usually up for cocktails most days.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: