SE1 Christmas party?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 1 of 11
Thursday 25 November 2004 4.24pm
As it is now the end of November, I think that we should start planning for our SE1 Social Christmas Party!

Any suggestions for date / venue?
Monday 29 November 2004 12.59am
Come on everyone, where's your Christmas Spirit? (Mine's in the optics behind the bar at the Royal Oak!)

If we want to have a proper SE1 Social Christmas Party with food - as opposed to just a general piss up - then we're going to need to book somewhere (I am of course hoping that quite a few of you are going to turn up this time! There were only 6 of us in the Bermondsey Kitchen for the last Social!)

I was thinking maybe the upstairs room at the Royal Oak.

I know lots of you will have work related Christmas Parties so we need to start thinking about some dates. Christmas is less than 4 weeks away!
Some suggestions as to date/venue please!
Monday 29 November 2004 11.19am
The Royal Oak sounds great, although with such a diverse range of people, I think it'll be difficult to get a time suitable for many, let alone all, the regular posters....

that said, feel free to try... I'm up for a party!
Monday 29 November 2004 5.26pm
I'd be keen on some christmas cheer, with drinks, sure!

The downstairs of the Southwark Tavern, the side room in the George Inn, the Royal Oak or Clyde, I'm starting to really like The William of an evening, the Duke of Yorke isnt terrible ... and even the Ship and Ruse can have a certain rocky charm. Pick your pew.

Tuesday 30 November 2004 1.50pm
Great idea... happy with all the places mentioned; tho upstairs at the Royal Oak is a treat.

But like many i'm away from mid Dec.... approaching fast... so let's name a date

FRIDAY 10th? anyone ?

Tuesday 30 November 2004 2.20pm
Fridays are usually difficult for people. Thurs maybe better? How about 16th? You still around then Kevin B? Will ring the Royal Oak and see what their availability is (could all be booked up of course). Trouble is, I wanted some idea of numbers (at the mo just looks like 4 of us! + partners makes 8?) Do you think I should say about 20?
Tuesday 30 November 2004 4.15pm
I'll come. Emma too, probably. Subject to dates (which are always nice at Christmas)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 30 November 2004 4.21pm
Can't get any reply from the Oak - will keep trying & will then have better idea of available dates.
Tuesday 30 November 2004 4.52pm
I'd love to come. Thu 16th not ideal but OK.

How big is the upstairs room at the oak? I remember it being quite small (but memory regarding pubs is never too good)
Tuesday 30 November 2004 5.03pm
put me and Mrs R down for 16th.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 1 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: