A Sunday afternoon do-se-do?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Friday 11 March 2005 9.58am
I so enjoyed my ten minutes with you all at the Tanner last night that I thought that I [who hasn't vowed never to drink again] would have a go at proposing a possible next session ...

On the first Sunday of every month at the Horseshoe Inn (off Snowsfields) there's [what can best be described as] an English Folk jamming session. Lots of accordions, the odd helican, flute and serpant cram into the back room and play all afternoon [and possibly into the evening, I just had to leave due to a bad roast potato] - it is fantastic!!

Not quite a tea dance, Jacke, but I'm sure after a couple of beverages we could muster up the odd do-se-do.

For those of us to whom it matters, I also spent the afternoon in there with a lively 2 year old and it was OK!

And the food's ok - there's also a beer garden and a roof terrace ... oh, and beer.

So .... anyone fancy Sunday 3 April?
Friday 11 March 2005 10.25am
I may well do that, perhaps I'll bring some bones.
Friday 11 March 2005 10.54am
... of Mapmaker's pheasant?
Friday 11 March 2005 4.37pm
Sounds excellent....
Friday 11 March 2005 5.26pm
Sounds good to me too.
Friday 11 March 2005 6.37pm
Plum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds good to me too.

Welcome back - you have been missed today!
Friday 11 March 2005 10.10pm
That session has been going for decades. I first found it in the old Goose and Firkin on the Borough Road, the very original microbrewery pub I believe, in the early 80's. It keeps moving round, and I'd lost track of it. Thanks for rediscovering it Julie. The other one thats a bit similar is on the first Monday of the month (or 2nd if 1st is a Bank Hol) at 9pm in the George BHSt. Thats French rather than English and is quite unique, and has also been in that pub for over 20 years.
Friday 11 March 2005 11.23pm
Sorry Jo, I think we discussed this after a drink or two previously and I promised to post details of where they were now to be found

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/martin.nail/Borosess.htm
Saturday 12 March 2005 8.32pm
thanks Rabbie.
Sunday 13 March 2005 9.06am
What time of day does this festivity kick off? I mean, if it's not a tea dance...is it at tea time or supper time?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: