Friday 10th June SE1 Social

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Thursday 31 March 2005 4.26pm
Further to my Summer Festivities string. this is the date so please enter into your diaries....all and sundry welcome to our terrace on the top of Metro Central Heights to watch the sun going down and, should you have the stamina, coming up too. Cider will be served (Stan, Ivanhoe, JonR and co., please note).
Thursday 31 March 2005 5.08pm
Jackie, you're so endearing.... we all call them "threads" but do carry on calling them "strings", I've grown to quite like it.
Thursday 31 March 2005 5.46pm
Ahhh...oh dear, well we old folks have difficulty getting the lingo, will definitely TRY HARDER! I'll try and remember sewing terms rather than gardening ones, it should help keep the threads and the strings separate!
Friday 1 April 2005 6.08pm
I'll come, whatever you call your strings, and thanks for the kind invite.

Will of course bring cider.

(and "threads" is also a word used for "clothes")

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 1 April 2005 7.05pm
Trust, Ivanhoe, you wont come without threads ..although it could add an extra fillip to our gatherings. Are you and Mrs. I coming to dance on Sunday?
Thursday 5 May 2005 9.27am
as a virgin to SE1 social I'd love to come but does it have to be cider or is an alternative alcoholic beverage equally acceptable?
Thursday 5 May 2005 10.35am
Yes of course other drinks are acceptable, you will however soon realise that Ivanhoe is a little obsessive when it comes to cider. None the less, I went on the cider weekend and horrors of horrors drank wine and other drinks and he still spoke to me (or at least I think he is still speaking to me). Birdie and the lady miss jo jo are rather partial to the odd drop of vodka, so you see cider is not compulsory. It is always nice to see new faces so look forward to meeting you soon.
Thursday 5 May 2005 11.04am

I meant to ask - what kind of things do you want people to bring along ?

At our last "in-house" (as opposed to "in-pub") social in Maurits' fantastic flat, we had a "everyone brings something to eat" policy - crisps, dips, quiche, cakes etc. Would that work well again ?
Thursday 5 May 2005 11.20am
I love all drinks, but especially cider.

(I let you off this weekend Jac, because it was mainly English wine. Please don't take this as a precedent ;0))

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 5 May 2005 12.53pm
Ivanhoe I did drink some cider this weekend probably the first since my student days and enjoyed it especially the still cider, but generally I'll stick to wine.

I think the idea of us all bring something to eat as well as drink is a good idea too. I could bring something cooked with cider if your lucky.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: