Cidery cidery cider

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 4 April 2005 5.36pm
Hello all, I'm meeting with Keith Orchard on Wednesday at The Priory (the pub not the clinic for the over-refreshed and over-medicated, although any more performances like Sunday's and I'll soon be admitted) in Stockwell. http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=530014&y=176773&z=0&ar=Y
The Priory does Thatcher's cider, a lot of real ale, and has a wondrous range of German beers, including a rather marvelous smoked beer. The cider makers will remember meeting there last year. You don't have to be a cider maker/drinker, all are welcome. I'll be there from about 18:30hrs.
Monday 4 April 2005 5.40pm
Mr Tharg - Wednesday is the book club night, so it'll be a tough choice for me to make....
I'll see you there.
Tuesday 5 April 2005 9.58am
JonR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mr Tharg - Wednesday is the book club night, so
> it'll be a tough choice for me to make....
> ....
> I'll see you there.

You fairweather reader ...

Tuesday 5 April 2005 10.40am
Do you think you'll be there till closing, Tharg? I may pop in later if so.
Tuesday 5 April 2005 12.29pm
I hope not, drinking Thatcher's from half six to eleven sounds like a recipe for mayhem (I probably will).
Tuesday 5 April 2005 1.35pm
This has now been cancelled - Keith has some unexpected work commitments, but perhaps we could meet up again soon? Ivanhoe, your ciders were very good, although your dry was very different to mine, it'll be good to compare the two when mine's ready.
Wednesday 6 April 2005 4.55pm
Cancelled!!!???

Why? I can still make it!

in fact I came to Stockwell straight from work, just in case, and I'm now sat in an internet cafe just opposite Stockwell tube filling in time until half six (but also just checking the SE1 website to see if it's still on - which it isn't! gutted!).....

... so just in case any one else checks this, I'll go to the Priory any way at about half six and sit there with pint, and maybe food, till I either get bored, or someone I know turns up, and we get drunk till much later!
Wednesday 6 April 2005 5.51pm
I'm really sorry Jon, I tried to give as much notice as I could.
Thursday 7 April 2005 2.56pm
See, this is what happens to naughty boys who shirk their book club commitments!
Thursday 7 April 2005 5.32pm
Work is the curse of the drinking classes...also book clubs, apparently.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: