Playing Bridge in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Tuesday 10 May 2005 6.41pm
At the recent cidery weekend away, the possibility of playing bridge as a regular thing (about once a month) in SE1 was discussed.

at the moment we have at least three participants, so we're either looking for one other person (who can always turn up) or several other people (who don't mind sitting out hands).

at present it's me, Ivanhoe, and my brother. Mrs R can play, and Sarah2 and Mr 2 also showed an interest.

The once a month idea is for flexibility, and because my brother doesn't think he'll be able to make it more often (though I'd be happy with once a fortnight say).

Any suggestions for dates, times, locations etc, most welcome.

Wednesday 11 May 2005 9.19am
I'm still keen.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 12 May 2005 6.44pm
If you wanted to come over to ours, we would be happy to provide some food etc. I have not played for ages, so happy to sit out for a bit. Or be dummy, having completely overbid.
Friday 13 May 2005 1.28pm
I'd be interested in joining too, though as I said, I haven't played for about 15 years so am happy to sit & watch to start with too. Mr P used to play, so I'll ask him when he's back (though goodness knows when that will be - he's off to H.K. now!)
Friday 13 May 2005 1.38pm
Come on then. Let's do it. Anyone have a suggested where and when?

Friday 13 May 2005 1.54pm
Sarah has suggested the where, so we just need the "when" ... (no clashing with the book club please!)
Friday 13 May 2005 10.02pm
Not much good at whens.

Have a pretty hectic week, what with an invitation to Lambeth Palace, a starring role at the South Bank Forum, a guest appearance at the Lambeth UDP planning enquiry, participation at a meeting on the Archbishops Action Plan, helping David Bellamy dig and plant, and possibly three hours of Lambeth Parks Forum.

In between is work (busy) and normal stuff - exclude any form of housework,

and highlight of the week

30 six and seven year olds and The Amazing Willy Wont'he on Sunday afternoon.

Just remembered, I need to buy some jelly.

The week after looks a lot better. Does anyone want to suggest a day and time. Wednesday is probably out.
Saturday 14 May 2005 12.08pm
How about Thurs 26th? I'll probably be in Spain the following week.
Tuesday 17 May 2005 6.19pm
Can do. Though Stephen is away.
What time?

If people let me know if they are likely to come, I will PM with the address.

Wednesday 18 May 2005 10.15am
I can't make that night, but would love to play in the future. If we made it a regular date like book club ("third xday of every month", according to preferences), than I'd find it easier to remember not to book other things on that night,

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: