June 10th how to get there

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 8 June 2005 6.58am
OK...pay attention because this is NOT easy. Metro Central Heights is, for those who dont know, the HUGE building on the North roundabout of the E&C at the beginning of Newington Causeway. Go into the archway beside Wetherspoons and on the right is a Concierge's Desk. Go in and tell the concierge on duty that you've come to see Jackie and Jerry. There will be a list so he/she can know if you are really you or just another terrorist. You will be directed to the SOUTH BLOCK and given a CODE. (It changes most days so I dont know myself what it will be). You punch in the code on the pad to the right of the door of the South Block, push/pull the door and go into a cavernous passage. Go in up three stairs and left through a swing door, and left again and you will see ANOTHER key pad. Punch in the code again and you will be, (finally) at the lifts. Go to the TENTH floor. Get out, go across the hall through another door and go up two flights of stairs, hard right and up two or three more stairs and you will come to ANOTHER door with a bell on the right of the door frame which says "323 only". PUSH!!!! Good luck! See you then and bring a sweater/shawl/ whatever 'cos it gets very blowy. See you all then! Jackie and Jerry
Thursday 9 June 2005 6.18pm
Jackie, your do sounds like a hoot. I only discovered the site today in my search for a decent swimming pool, so am not exactly a hardcore SE1er (yet), but would it be okay for me and boyfriend to pop in and say hello before we dash off to the Kahlo exhib at Tate Modern at 8.30? I've been seduced by the Mission Impossible-style instructions... how could anyone resist?
Thursday 9 June 2005 7.58pm
LSure Gavin, I will put you on the list...what's the boyfriend's name? Look forward to seeing you both!
Friday 10 June 2005 9.04am
That'd be Juman. Cheers Jackie, hopefully see you later.
Friday 10 June 2005 3.05pm
Jackie, Don't know if you got my PMs. Planning to bring family (me Stephen and 2 kids) plus a neighbour and her son, and some food and cider. Sarah
Monday 13 June 2005 1.54pm
Jackie, sorry we couldn't make it on Friday after all due to time pressures. Hope to join future socials, though. Thanks for approving our gatecrashing.
Monday 13 June 2005 2.11pm
Ah well, Gavin, we looked forward to seeing you....but it was, I must say, your loss...never mind. We;ll do it again.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: