2005 SE1 Christmas Party!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9
Tuesday 4 October 2005 10.54am
Hello all,

Having had such a fab time at our Christmas party last year it would be great to do it again. I don't mind organising as I have a bit of free time.

The thing is, and yes, I know it's only October, places have already started taking bookings and advertising their Christmas menus so if we would like somewhere decent we need to think about it now. We were very lucky last year as there had been a last minute cancellation at the Royal Oak.

Is there anywhere in particular that people fancy? The Royal Oak was fun last year and the private room which seats 25 was cosy. The Christmas menu at The Hartley looks good. There was also some mention last year of the Thai up at Elephant ('tho IMHO it's not very festive).

Dates: last year around the 10th Dec seemed popular as later in the month people had other plans/parties or were away.

Let me know what you think ... cheers Plum x
Tuesday 4 October 2005 1.48pm
Goodee.

Last year was great, with good food, atmosphere, and company. I would be very happy if we were to do the same again. I liked the way that, though places were limited, others were able to join us after the meal. Vague memories of a drunken TLMJJ. But then I don't know if I have ever met a sober TLMJJ. Maybe they are one and the same.
Tuesday 4 October 2005 1.55pm
excellent idea!

Me and Mrs R are up for that!

Can we play 'three course chairs' again as well?
Tuesday 4 October 2005 1.57pm
The Sarah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Goodee.
>
> Last year was great, with good food, atmosphere,
> and company. I would be very happy if we were to
> do the same again. I liked the way that, though
> places were limited, others were able to join us
> after the meal. Vague memories of a drunken TLMJJ.
> But then I don't know if I have ever met a sober
> TLMJJ. Maybe they are one and the same.

I wasn't drunk! I didn't join you until after 10, by which time all of you had been making merry for several hours...

Jac
Tuesday 4 October 2005 4.18pm
The same again sounds good it worked well.
Tuesday 4 October 2005 4.27pm
Husband and I would like to join the merry band of revellers! (his works-do allowing of course)
Tuesday 4 October 2005 4.57pm
I would also like to join.
Tuesday 4 October 2005 7.23pm
We'll come of course!
Tuesday 4 October 2005 8.36pm
Julie, do you know the date of hubbys work do yet? We'd all love you both to be with us, so I can try & book a date around it.

Consensus seems to be for the Oak same as last year - will call tomorrow and find out availability.

Think we should go for the traditional turkey & trimmings menu this year as the duck was a bit hit & miss last time.
Oh goody - I love parties!
Tuesday 4 October 2005 9.47pm
Thanks Plum ... I'd go for the general consensus and the earlier dates (as you said in your opening post) would probably be ideal. Should he be otherwise engaged, I'll drag some other poor unsuspecting soul along with me ...
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: