Social gatherings ??

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10
Sarita Tuesday 7 March 2006 10.55am
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I have to say it's great - loads of community spirit and very helpful too !!!

I've been renting in SE1 (Metro Central Heights) with my husband Hitz for 3 months now and we love it here so much, we're buying a flat in the block !!

We'd both love to get to know more people in our area, perhap over a drink or two, so if you have any gatherings planned in the near future, we'd love to join in.

Hitz is also keen to find a squash buddy if anyone's up for it.
Jac Tuesday 7 March 2006 11.30am
Hi Sarita

welcome. I am sure you will soon have loads of friends in SE1.

I was thinking its about time we aranged another social its almost a year since we all got together at Simon the Tanner and some of the more hardened drinkers crashed back to plums after chuck out. (Sarita we meet more often than once a years but that was the last big get together in a pub at least that I remember).

Any suggestions for dates and venue? Before Easter would be good but not the week of 20th March for me.
juanita Tuesday 7 March 2006 12.49pm
What about w/c 27 March then?
Anonymous User Tuesday 7 March 2006 1.03pm
Is it really that long ago? I remember having scabby knees the next morning!

w/c 27th would be good for me too.
sarahmc Tuesday 7 March 2006 1.13pm
me too.
(to the w/c 27th, not scabby knees!)
Sarita Tuesday 7 March 2006 1.29pm
Sounds fab !!

Any preference on day - Thursday 30th ?
The Unladylike Ms. Jo Tuesday 7 March 2006 2.39pm
I cant do Thu or Mon that week.
JonR Tuesday 7 March 2006 3.04pm
didn't we all meet up for christmas dinner? and a drink either the week before, or the week after?

and some of us meet once a month for book club, or cidery meetings at the tate Modern cafe...
Anonymous User Tuesday 7 March 2006 3.22pm
Jon - you are such a social butterfly!
Julie Tuesday 7 March 2006 3.29pm
And we all met at the Horseshoe for folky music and way too much wine ... again a vague memory!

Oh and there's the lunch club too ... and apple pressing ... and bonfire night ... blimey, don't we all see too much of each other!!!????
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions