Backstage visits to Old Vic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 17 March 2006 9.24am
Can we set up an SE1 group so that we can take advantage of this fantastic sounding tour? - maybe the Book Club could take advantage ... or the Cider group ... or the Poker Group ...

I'd love to go!!!

"Where did Laurence Olivier put on his stage make-up? Where does Kevin Spacey do his warm-up? Whose ghost still terrifies The Old Vic's staff?

The Old Vic in Waterloo is one of the most famous theatres in the English-speaking world and loved by audiences and actors alike.
Now the theatre is offering local community groups the opportunity to book in for a Backstage Tour and find out more about its rich history.

Tickets are just 1 per person for groups based in Lambeth or Southwark.

Tours are on offer every Monday at 11.30am. Group sizes can range from 10 to 30 (individual bookers can be accepted if a group booking already exists on the date desired).

The Old Vic is an old building and to access the stage area participants will need to negotiate 6 or 7 steps. Wheelchair access is available to the auditorium only and tours can be tailored accordingly.

To book, or for more information, call Rachael Stevens on 020 7902 7596 or email rachael.stevens@oldvictheatre.com. "

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 17 March 2006 9.24am by Julie.
Anonymous User
Friday 17 March 2006 10.08am
I'd love to go too. Mondays at 11.30am is a pain but not impossible.
Friday 17 March 2006 11.01am
I could try to fit in a Monday tour. Would love to go to see backstage at the Old Vic, because I've been going to see plays there since I was a kid! [Which is probably why my back is such a state, their seats must be the most uncomfortable in London].
Jac
Friday 17 March 2006 11.45am
I'd love to go to
Friday 17 March 2006 12.26pm
i think that the Kennington Association is organising a tour. Memory is going, but it might be this Monday. If they are not full, perhaps they could post details and invite others.
Friday 17 March 2006 1.38pm
Count me in, I would love to nose around. Any Monday is fine for me.
Friday 17 March 2006 7.35pm
Me too, can often make Mondays.
Saturday 18 March 2006 9.05am
The Kennington Association has booked a tour for this Monday (20th) at 11.30am meeting in the foyer where we pay our 1 each. There are a dozen people booked and a maximum 30 places so if you'd like to join us, could you send an email please to KenningtonAssn@aol.com so we can keep tabs on numbers.

Best wishes
Cathy
Tuesday 21 March 2006 9.06am
How was it ?
Wednesday 22 March 2006 1.32pm
We were shown round by a very enthusiastic young lady. This was her first tour for just adults - usually she does school kids. However, it was really interesting to hear about the history and life of the theatre and great to see the theatre empty - it has a totally different 'feel'. We had a good chance to compare the views from all the different seats as we went around. One thing that was lacking was being able to see more back stage - the only views of the dressing rooms we had were from the pictures on the bar wall.

I would recommend the tour, especially as it it just 1, and over time I am sure it will evolve as more and more personal antidotes are included.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: