Mah Jong players wanted

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 16 August 2006 12.56pm
I've recently moved to London, and I would really like to meet some people who play Mah Jong (Majiang) to form a group so that we can get together once a week and play. I am an amateur player, and am not interested in gambling - I just really enjoy playing the game, and I think it would be fun to get a group of four people together and play weekly.

If you are interested, please remember I am only an amateur, so if you are used to playing really fast and get impatient with slower players, this may not be for you! If you don't know the rules of Mah Jong but are interested in learning, that can be arranged. All I need is commitment that you would be prepared to meet up each week and play. To begin with we can play at mine, and perhaps then rotate each week if it is convenient for everyone.

Just drop me an e-mail explaining what your skill level is (if any!) and whether you'd be interested. I'm afraid my Mandarin is pretty poor, so it would be a requirement to play the game in English (apart from the calls of 'Chow', 'Pung', 'Kong' and 'Mah Jong', obviously!)

If possible, a balance of men and women would be nice, but that's not essential. Hope to hear from you!
Friday 15 September 2006 7.38pm
Awesome , I was going to put a post on here and see where I got to , I used to play on my PC and then ventured out and bought a set about 2 years ago , still it is unused let me know if you have some players , im a really a complete beginner with regards to playing anything that was an AI(i used to let the computer do all the scoring)
Wednesday 10 January 2007 9.04pm
Hi mate

Am very interested in learning Mahjong. I need to for my job! Am a complete beginner but wondered whether you ever got a group together? Please contact me at

Monday 29 January 2007 2.51pm
Hello! I'm new to this site - I used to play Mah Jong as a kid with my mum and sister (my mum is chinese) and an imaginary player called "Ug". Have you already got together to do this? I haven't played it in years! Feel free to contact me at if you need another player!
Monday 29 January 2007 5.42pm
Hi people,

I have got a small group together but we are always in need of "reserve" players because not everybody is able to make each game. I haven't arranged for the next session yet but will contact you all when it occurs. I usually host the event, but are any of you able to host yourselves? I have the Mah Jong set, so that part isn't a problem - just a venue!

Wednesday 28 February 2007 3.53pm
hi chithecynic,

i love mahjong but i haven't been playing ever since i moved here, however, when i go back to singapore for holidays, i can play like days in a row!
anyway, i am really interested to get to know more friends via mahjong games, infact i am free this weekend, please reply to me and let me know if you guys are up for it. Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kitty Lin
Wednesday 28 February 2007 4.05pm
Hi Kitty!

Thanks for your message - glad to find another Mah Jong player in SE1 :)

I'm not free this weekend, but how about Monday evening? If you are free, I can see if the other people I know are available too.

Probably best to contact me via e-mail:

Take care!
Tuesday 20 March 2007 1.58pm
Hi there,

I like to play Mahjong, but there are so many different ways to play and so many different rules and scorings.

Let me know if you are having a big get together, maybe even if I watch I'll pick up your style.
Thursday 3 May 2007 8.23pm
I'm new to the area. I used to play mahjong as a kid with my family so am really an amateur too and would love to join you guys.

Cheers Julie
Saturday 19 July 2008 4.07pm

I live in New Mexico, but am originally from Baltimore, lived in New York City for decades, etc. My mother played Mahjong in Baltimore. I've actually written a play about it that will be hitting New York this December. Here is one of the links.

Do you think this kind of play would go over well in London? It's about 4 hot headed Jewish guys who are forced to play Mahjong.

Let me know and good luck in your search for Mahjong players.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: