Mah Jong players wanted

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Cathie@Borough Tuesday 5 October 2010 6.29am
I would like to learn to play Mah Jong as well
ashh Thursday 10 February 2011 10.30am
hiii, i'm interested in mahjong too please contact me too!!!!! aanjuu_@hotmail.com
GerryBlee Thursday 10 February 2011 10.58am
Hi all, I haven't been on this thread for a while. If there is a chance we have 4-6 players who still fancy getting together then count me in. Like I said before I'm a complete novice but I do have a nice set we can use. If you're interested but haven't posted for a while then please make a fresh post expressing interest and we can try to get something together :)
girlrandom Monday 28 March 2011 7.17pm
Hi all,

I'm interested in playing mahjong too if we have enough players :) please let me know!

Thanks
f33ona Saturday 16 April 2011 9.11pm
I really like MaJiang...I lived in China and Taiwan so I know a bit, but I've never been very good.
I'm not free in the evenings, I can play during the day time though. Where do you play? I'd like to know more details :)
Nicola72 Sunday 15 May 2011 11.04am
Hello,

I'd really like to learn to play Mahjong. If anyone is getting together from these last threads and if there's room for a complete novice it would be lovely to hear from you.
Alternatively - if any new posters pick up on this message, please get in touch - perhaps we can set something up.

Nicolax
Tchin Friday 14 October 2011 4.36pm
Hello

I love playing this game and was wondering if any groups have been set up yet. If so please give me a message.

Thanks

Tchin
seikialice88 Monday 5 December 2011 8.45am
chithecynic wrote:
I've recently moved to London, and I would really like to meet some people who play Mah Jong (Majiang) to form a group so that we can get together once a week and play. I am an amateur player, and am not interested in gambling - I just really enjoy playing the game, and I think it would be fun to get a group of four people together and play weekly.
If you are interested, please remember I am only an amateur, so if you are used to playing really fast and get impatient with slower players, this may not be for you! If you don't know the rules of Mah Jong but are interested in learning, that can be arranged. All I need is commitment that you would be prepared to meet up each week and play. To begin with we can play at mine, and perhaps then rotate each week if it is convenient for everyone.

Just drop me an e-mail explaining what your skill level is (if any!) and whether you'd be interested. I'm afraid my Mandarin is pretty poor, so it would be a requirement to play the game in English (apart from the calls of 'Chow', 'Pung', 'Kong' and 'Mah Jong', obviously!)

If possible, a balance of men and women would be nice, but that's not essential. Hope to hear from you!
Thanks you for the post.

lynncharlottelu Friday 17 February 2012 3.10pm
Hello,
I would like to learn/improve my mahjong!
Please let me know when/where people are gathering for a game? Please email me at <hellolynnlu@gmail.com>
Mahjong Club Saturday 7 April 2012 11.49pm
I run a Mahjong Club and we play every Wednesday morning from 10 am to 1 pm and from 7 pm to 10 pm in Central London, a minute walk from Kensington High Street Underground Station. If you like to learn or interested in challenging your mind and meeting other enthusiasts, then come and join us.

For further information, please email me at rubes3939@gmail.com. All levels are welcome.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions