Getting to know your neighbours

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 7 February 2007 5.19pm
Although Chavender and I live in same little street north of the Elephant & Castle roundabout (Gaywood St.), we have actually never met before. We are going to have a drink or a little food at Lye Torng this coming Sunday. Would anyone else be interested to join us? We have not yet decided the time, we are both available from early afternoon to evening time. Feel free to come and meet your (nice and friendly) neighbours.
Wednesday 7 February 2007 6.53pm
Will u have a name plaque and the table, so we know who u are.
Thursday 8 February 2007 7.07am
we are considering name badges! Any suggestions welcomed. I am sure there are a few forum posters and neighbours living in Gaywood Street, Princess Street and St. George's Road or nearby.
Thursday 8 February 2007 9.19am
Or you could bring one of your Montaigne's book to be evidently laid on the table. We could even pretend we are having one of those philosophical talks like in Paris cafes.
Or I could wear my "I love the RV1" badge (at the risk of being taken for a total nutter by the locals!!)
Thursday 8 February 2007 12.19pm
I guess anyone who considers meeting up with a bunch of total strangers could potentially be considered a nutter ;o)...... Having said that, I've not made better friends in a long time than via this forum!

I'm not near you (I'm near Tower Bridge) but would consider to join you were it not that I am hoping to go to Glasgow this weekend.
Thursday 8 February 2007 12.48pm
Hey Tattie, I'm your neighbour!!!!! I lived at E&C for 22 years before moving to Bricklayers Arms. I will venture (hopefully) down to the drinks on Sunday.
Thursday 8 February 2007 4.08pm
Shall we go early evening? 5-6ish?
Thursday 8 February 2007 4.12pm
Fine by me.
Thursday 8 February 2007 6.15pm
Pops wrote:
Hey Tattie, I'm your neighbour!!!!! I lived at E&C for 22 years before moving to Bricklayers Arms. I will venture (hopefully) down to the drinks on Sunday.

Nice to meet you neighbour - hope to see you soon. I won't get back from Glasgow early enough, but hope there will be other opportunities
Jac
Thursday 8 February 2007 11.08pm
Pops we are nearly neighbours too just off towerbridge road. theres a few of us around that neck of SE1 too so hopeflly we'll all meet up soon. Sorry out of town sunday or I would have ventured as far as the elephant. Have a good time.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: