London Marathon - Go Chustler (and others)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Thursday 22 March 2007 8.40am
Our own chustler is running the marathon this year, and I would like to organise a "cheering on" party. Happy to also cheer anyone else on as it is quite an achievement.

I've no idea yet what the best places along the route will be, what time and where we could meet so all suggestions welcome. (JonR/MrsR - any words of wisdom?)

Who'll join me?
Thursday 22 March 2007 11.36am
I will be working on the 23 Mile water Station!!! So will be cheering everyone!!
Thursday 22 March 2007 12.52pm
Charlie the vicar at Mary Magdelen Church on Bermondsey st will also be running the marathon this year.

a good place to see people is on the Rotherithe loop - first you wait somewhere near the back of that sports shop at Surrey Quays the name escapes me at the moment, but that's where they turn right to go back towards the river - Decathlon. then when you've seen them, you can walk down a side cycle path, and you end up at the Adam and Eve on Salter Road is it?, it's further round.

then you can get on the east london line at Rotherithe to go north of the river, somewhere like Wapping, and see people going along that stretch that they do twice.

i found that lower road, and jamaica road were fairly quiet areas with few spectators, but Tower Bridge was absolutely rammed.

anywhere along the north side of the embankment is good (not too close to Westminster though as that's where the crowds get bigger again) - as there are fewer spectators, and it's those miles, from about 21 to 25 where people realy start to flag - lots of people walking by then (i did) - so lots of encouragement needed just there (north side of river from Tower bridge round to Embankment tube)
Thursday 22 March 2007 3.53pm
Fab advise - we'll make a day of it. And we'll be cheering the vicar on as well
Thursday 22 March 2007 7.04pm
I'll be in Tel Aviv cheering from there.
Friday 23 March 2007 9.28am
You will have to cheer very, very loud then to cover the distance!
Friday 23 March 2007 11.59am
thanks chums. i'll take any amount of cheering, laughter, ridicule and support I can get. At the moment I'm veering between cautious confidence and downright terror of the prospect of those lovely 26.2 miles!

the great news is, as it's also my birthday on the 22nd, there will be a post marathon/birthday party going on somewhere in central London (maybe close to the end of the RV1 route if someone could suggest a suitable venue???) and i'd love it if some of our lovely se1-ers could join me there.
Friday 23 March 2007 4.37pm
MrsR and I will also cheer you on, incredibly loudly, from somewhere in Nova Scotia (Yarmouth) i think, though we may be in Montreal or Toronto by then... if possible we'll try to get up extra early and find a tv to watch it on (i doubt there will be live footage, but you never know)
Friday 23 March 2007 4.40pm
Bummer! I;ll miss a PARTY as well. Too gutting.
Friday 23 March 2007 5.38pm
Don't worry Jackie, I've got no problem having an extra party after the event - just let me know when you're back and we'll put a date in for round 2!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: