Forum Social Evening

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Al Friday 8 August 2003 11.07am
Yes it was the opening bash last night, a good do. The Garrison should theoretically be open for business as of today, but as they admit themselves they are not quite finished, the builders were still there last night. I wouldn't let that put you off, they've done a great job on the renovation, rethought the space very well and created a good ambience, put in a tasty Bose sound system, friendly staff and tell me they are planning straightforward food at good prices.

Last night was nibbles only, but they were tasty and vanished in seconds.

Well done to the Garrison!

A

(I have no commercial link to them, just glad to see a new venture in SE1, good luck to them)
Bill Murphy Monday 11 August 2003 10.01am
OK if I come along from Southwark Council? I'm one of the ACE's - quite keen to meet a few people and discuss some of the issues that are being raised.
sarah Monday 11 August 2003 11.40am
Bill - only if you don't slap a fine on them for letting people drink outside (as seems to happen everywhere else in the area).
James Hatts Monday 11 August 2003 12.29pm
Unfortunately I shall be away on Thursday, but I hope everyone has a good time.

Can someone take a digital camera with them please? It would be good to have a few photos of the great event on the site

Many thanks,

James

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
The Lady Miss Jo Jo Monday 11 August 2003 12.31pm
I'll bring mine along.
dave baker Monday 11 August 2003 1.39pm
Excellent response.

Bill... of course you can come!

Regards,

David
Jan Lane Monday 11 August 2003 1.40pm
Bill - a great night is planned, but would it turn into a party politics evening? or an opportunity to meet every one face to face who we may have disgreed with? and drink to excess and agree to differ!

I will try to get there, I'll need two seats for my large derrier...no stools as I wobble before I even have a drink! as for the orange...do they sell T shirts that go to a size 30? second thoughts I'll settle for a badge.....lets not permit any ' soapboxes' either!

I promise not to talk about the ' good ole days ' 'cos you have probably heard it all before.......I think :-)

jan
The Lady Miss Jo Jo Monday 11 August 2003 1.56pm
Jan - I can't wait to meet you.
Jan Lane Monday 11 August 2003 2.37pm
T.L.M.J.J...

If you see an ole gel waddling in who looks like a refugee from the womens institute... dressed in jumble sale gear ....you'll know I 've made it!
:-)

jan
Sarah O'Connell Monday 11 August 2003 9.55pm
Sounds like you've just defined the dress code.

What about party games. Something that involves the man from Southwark perhaps. Maybe jojo has some ideas. Jan might know some old-fashioned ones. Or again perhaps the nice people from Wicked can help...........
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions