Stitching, bitching and happy hookers!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 71
Tuesday 13 November 2007 1.39pm
Wondered if anyone was up for some regular knitting needle/crochet hooking therapy ... thought about once a month to start with (first or second Monday say?) ... somewhere like the Brittannia on Kipling St (large sofas/good food/quite good light - for a pub!)
Tuesday 13 November 2007 1.47pm
I'm in! May have to wait til next year to join the fun as terribly overworked til then!
Tuesday 13 November 2007 2.59pm
I'd love to - still have some projects to get through!
Wednesday 14 November 2007 8.12am
Julie in the sixties and seventies I crocheted scarfs,ponchos, shawls, squares for bedspreads really simple stuff. I found it soo relaxing, my husband used to go potty as he said it irritated him! If you ever find a pattern using two balls at the same time for childrens hats ( helmet type wiv pom poms on!) can I have a copy!
Wednesday 14 November 2007 9.55am
Jan - come along and share your happy hooking skills!
Wednesday 14 November 2007 4.07pm
Pleas Jan - My brother has been nagging me for a crocheted bedspread.

I also think a friend of my mum's has a book with the pattern you mean. I'll ask her about it!
Wednesday 14 November 2007 9.12pm
as a somewhat lapsed seamstress, this sounds like great fun (though I am wondering how to keep the libation of choice from getting on the project of the moment). I might even be inspired to finish some projects that have been lingering for FAR too long.
Thursday 15 November 2007 9.18am
curatrix wrote:
(though I am wondering how to keep the libation of choice from getting on the project of the moment)

Laydeez,

May I suggest a solution to this tricky issue, you could even stow your knitting wool in there, and just think - you could knit and drink at the same time!

- http://www.gear-zone.co.uk/eshop/Camelbak-Womens-Sugar.html
Thursday 15 November 2007 1.26pm
Big empty baby wipes empty containers...?
Thursday 15 November 2007 9.55pm
Oh, now I've left you're all starting to get together and crochet - boo hoo.

There's a Stitch and Bitch group here, but they rather coyly call it "Stitch and Chat". Bless.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 71

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: