Spring Social

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 1 of 11
Plum Wednesday 16 January 2008 3.45am
We seem to have quite a few new members on the Forum so it may be time for a Spring Social!

How about the Friday before or after Easter (March 23rd) if people are around?

Preferences for dates and venues appreciated.

Advertisement

jackie rokotnitz Wednesday 16 January 2008 8.23am
Absolutely. Pubs are so noisy and cramped...although we could do the Leather Exchange which is roomy...where can we meet where we can HEAR eachother? My house is getting boring and anyway summer is better on my terrace. Who else has a good space?
Boss St Bloke Wednesday 16 January 2008 10.02am
How about a pub that has decent outside bench tables: The George or The Woolpack spring to mind
Tattie Wednesday 16 January 2008 10.32am
The Leather Exchange has a nice upstairs room that can be reserved (no rental charge, although they may want a deposit).
jackie rokotnitz Wednesday 16 January 2008 11.47am
That might be good, we need to have a "weather permitting" clause if we plan outside at this time of year. Summer of course at my place.
Ivanhoe Wednesday 16 January 2008 3.11pm
The Horseshoe?

...if you press it, they will come.
Plum Thursday 17 January 2008 12.53pm
We had the quiz night at The Roebuck last night and they have a nice big upstairs room. They have a good food menu too.

They will do us a buffet if we want but for that i would need definite numbers. If we want to keep things more informal then people could just order off the menu if they're hungry. The only drawback is that they want a 50 deposit, refundable if we spend 400 on food and drink. So again, depends on how many we are. (ie 20 of us would need to spend 20 a head whereas 40 of us would only need to spend 10).

The Hartley also has a nice upstairs room and Dave usually doesn't charge me for it but again i think he would probably want a guarantee of at least 20 people turning up. Nice buffet menu there too if we want.
juanita Thursday 17 January 2008 2.21pm
Sounds like a good plan. Are we thinking Good Friday, 21 March? Or the Friday after Easter, which is 28 March? I am free both Fridays...
Plum Friday 18 January 2008 10.15am
Sorry, mean't Friday before Easter weekend ie 14th or Friday after ie 28th. Think lots of people will be away for the Easter weekend. I don't drink on Good Friday so bad day for me for a Social!
Tattie Friday 18 January 2008 5.10pm
Both Friday's look good to me at the moment
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 1 of 11

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions