New in the area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 18 February 2008 12.31am
Hi

I just moved to this area and London. I literally don't know anyone in this city. Would like to meet a decent bunch of people who I can really hang out with. I am 30/m/professional working in the city with an Asian background. I used to play cricket, squash. Would like to learn swimming. Like going to the cinema and love music. Also need someone to show me around the area. Give me a shout please if anyone can be bothered, lol.

Thanks and regard
A
Monday 18 February 2008 8.00am
Why dont you come to our Spring social on 28th March for a start! You can get a chance to pick and mix as it were..we're a motley crew. But nice, I'm sure you'll find. Which part of SE1 are you living in?
Monday 18 February 2008 2.59pm
Have a look at the other entries in the Social section here e.g. pub quiz team at the Roebuck every Wed night, book club every month, etc ... You could PM one of the regulars if you are feeling shy.

I haven't seen any threads about cricket, but there are folk looking for tennis partners, running buddies, etc so search the Discussion section too.

You sound quite sporty, so have you joined a local gym? They tend to have a social aspect.
Tuesday 19 February 2008 11.48am
Hey,

My sister and I just moved to Borough, so we're quite new to the area. It'd be good to catch up. Give me a shout if want to meet up for a drink...

Regards,
A
Wednesday 20 February 2008 11.28pm
Hi

Thanks for the reply. A little bitof intro would be good pls?
Wednesday 20 February 2008 11.29pm
sorry for being dumb and lazy but what are the local gyms. Actually I hate going to pure gyms. I would rather go for a run or swim.

thanks
A
Wednesday 20 February 2008 11.31pm
Thanks. Where is your social event held?

Thanks
A
Wednesday 20 February 2008 11.44pm
The Woolpack pub on Bermondsey Street, evening of Fri 28 April - please keep an eye on the "Spring Social" message thread in the Social section of this website
Thursday 21 February 2008 6.58am
What? I thought it was 28th MARCH Juanita...
Thursday 21 February 2008 9.31am
I do beg your pardon, Jackie - it is 28 MARCH!!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: