New in London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 22 February 2008 11.08pm

I come from France and I've just arrived at SE1.
I would like going out but it's difficult as I know nobody here.
You can advise to me to go back to France (like Ben, my stupid colleague)or you can suggest me to meet in a nice place (pub, club, restaurant, ...).I precise that I'm not looking for a date. So, the more the merrier, as you say.

Saturday 23 February 2008 10.57am
Welcome to SE1! Don't go back to France, as SE1 is a cosmopolitan place. I'm sure Plum would appreciate a French expert for her pub quiz team.
Saturday 23 February 2008 1.12pm
Come and join us at one or other of our social meetings (book club, lunch club, Spring Social,) and get to know us.
Saturday 23 February 2008 9.31pm
Great !
I like cooking, eating, drinking and reading.
What does the spring social consist in ?
Sunday 24 February 2008 9.52am
It consists of conviviality and good cheer, see the thread following this one. Just come along...
Sunday 24 February 2008 12.39pm
As Jackie says, for eating, also see the "lunch club" thread and for reading, the "calling book lovers" and come along to those. The spring social should satisfy the drinking bit.

Watch out for the Summer social, I've never yet left a party on Jackies roof terrace (11th floor, spectacular views) hungry or sober or without meeting 10 new people..
Sunday 24 February 2008 6.00pm
Hey Christel

I am new to the area and London also. I am really fed up over this weekend. Didn't do much. It was really frustrating and boring. Whereabouts do you stay. I am near Lambeth North. I am a 30 year old Paki male and an accountant. Like watching movies, intending to lay squash if i can find a partner.Want to learn swimming if I can find an indoor heated swimming pool and a teacher, lol. I am free most evenings after 7 or 8 pm and weekends. Give me a shout if you are interested. The spring social and the summer social are a bit too far. I also have an x box, like playing chess, learning to play cards. I am sorry, for some odd reason I don't read much and even if i do I can't remember. Otherwise I just like going out. Intend to go to some gigs if I can.

Take care
Sunday 24 February 2008 6.05pm
I have posted the following on my thread if you are interested:

thanks for the encouragement and support. The spring and summer socials are a bit far. I am really getting bored and unless I have good people around me I feel disgusted. Although I don't talk much and am generally shy lol but hey everyone needs company. I would really appreciate if anyone who is interested, we meet next weekend for a coffee or a walk somewhere and afterwards go watch a movie. If anyone else has any other better suggestions please feel free to reply.
Sunday 24 February 2008 9.43pm
I'd like to visit the design museum next sunday. the exhibition sounds good(for someone who likes design, of course). If anyone is insterested by the visit and a coffea then, just let me know. I gonna bring my short dictonnary to communicate, lol.
Monday 25 February 2008 10.35am
Hi Christel, I am also French and attend the socials and book club, so don't worry you won't feel too lonely.
As for you Aders, I can suggest the Marriott Hotel gym at the County Hall for learning how to swim. I joined that gym last month and was very happy to find that their 25m swimming pool was only 1.2m deep, so perfect if you are scared of water (like me) or want to learn how to swim. As they are open from 5am to midnight, it is also very practical if you work late.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: