???SE1 Cider 2008???

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 18
Friday 4 April 2008 3.17pm
I've heard a few murmurings over recent weeks (which, you may say, is amazing, seeing as I never turn up for anything ;0)).

Thought I'd open up a thread in case they were any more than just that.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 4 April 2008 3.43pm
I'd be interested. Like cider, but have never even attempted to brew my own....
Jac
Friday 4 April 2008 6.40pm
I have just finished my last bottle of cider from last time.
Friday 4 April 2008 10.12pm
Count us in!

We have ...
• an estate car
• some empty bottles
• a tube thing and some stoppers
• a tent type thing
• some needles and wool at the ready to knit cosies to protect the poor little apples on their trip from apple-growing counties to London village ...
Sunday 6 April 2008 7.34am
INdeed Ivanhoe, I almost believed you'd turn up for book club this time..ah well. When are you planning this cider lark?
Monday 7 April 2008 10.41am
cider! sounds lovely!
Monday 7 April 2008 4.00pm
Ivanhoe you and I must be on the same wavelength - I was only saying the other day to MrsR that we should try and arrange some cider making again this year.

we can contact Emma Farm Woman, to see if we can utilise the Surrey Docks City Farm again. We can contact that mad bloke down in Cheam, to hire the presses, and A Man Called Tharg should be able to help organise apples from the forrest, and Ollie/Blake/Biro can help too - it'll be great! count us in!
Thursday 10 April 2008 4.10pm
I enjoy it too, count me in for the SE1der!
Monday 14 April 2008 11.24am
Maybe we should have a meet once Jon and Mrs R are back, so we can see how many interested folk we've got, and who can commit time etc.

[My position is that I'd LOVE to do it again in SE1, and I'll happily help with planning, and sourcing of apples, and a press, and will turn up for two long days of fetching, carrying, scratting, pressing, etc, but I'm very unlikely to be able to take days off before/after the pressing weekend like I've done the previous times we've made SE1 cider. Mrs I will be in the same position.]

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 15 April 2008 10.05am
we're back, but not quite in London yet.
we'll be ok for a weekend of work. we have a fermentor, and i think tubing, some brown 'grolsch' type bottles and a tub of vaseline.

a cidery meeting sounds like a great idea, maybe in a pub that sells proper cider? The Royal Oak was good, but then so was the cafe at Tate Modern...

suggestions welcome.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 18

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: