Bank Hol Monday picnic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 1 May 2008 6.57pm
We have planned a picnic for Monday 5th May in Southwark Park. Lots of lovely flowers, a lake, bandstand and playgrounds for the kids.

We are hoping for sunshine and if there is the odd small shower there's a cafe to keep dry in.

However, if it's going to pour down then we can have an "indoor picnic" at my house.

Bring a dish eg quiche, sandwiches or whatever and a bottle and we'll all share.

Mr P and I will be there with the Plumlets, Juliet and her small, Boss St Bloke, who else? Tattie?
Friday 2 May 2008 11.10am
I might come along for a couple of hours. Where are we planning to have the picnic? Near the kids' playground? It is going to be 22 degrees sunshine on Monday ... hurrah!
Friday 2 May 2008 1.01pm
Oh lovely! Thought that the best place for us to meet would be by the cafe or the kids playground and then we can find somewhere picturesque to have our lunch, maybe by the lake.

We haven't set a time yet, how does 12.30 suit?
Friday 2 May 2008 3.21pm
12.30pm suits me fine - see you there Plum!
Friday 2 May 2008 5.42pm
Excellent. Jon & Mrs R are definites too, Tattie & pal a definite maybe!
Saturday 3 May 2008 1.42pm
I dont like to spoil the fun, but:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html

If its nice I'll come. Southwark park is indeed nice and I dont go there often enough. And it'd be great to see Jon & Mrs R.
Saturday 3 May 2008 2.47pm
To me, showers means sporadic rain so we will just have to take our chances ... if it does pour down, we can always huddle in the cafe in the park opposite the kids playground.
Sunday 4 May 2008 3.29pm
My thoughts exactly. If it does chuck down then we can just come back to my place and have a buffet instead!
Tuesday 6 May 2008 10.49am
You had a lovely day! Sorry to have missed it
Tuesday 6 May 2008 4.26pm
Sorry too that you couldn't make it. It was a lovely day, we all had a wonderful time, I even have sunburned ankles! Roll on the nex SE1 picnic.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: