New to SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Mark M Thursday 15 May 2008 5.40am
Hi Everyone. I'm new to SE1, in Empire Square, & new to this Forum. I'm a single, 51 y/o American male, currently living in Saudi Arabia, but visit here at least 3-4 times/year. I'm interested in making a new life, new friends and enjoying this wonderful part of the City.
jackie rokotnitz Thursday 15 May 2008 10.18am
So when you're HERE Mark M, let us know and come and join us on one or other of our get togethers. We have book clubs, lunch clubs, socials in pubs, socials in the homes, ....new people always welcome and we are, though I do say so myself, a pretty nice bunch!
Mark M Thursday 15 May 2008 12.00pm
Hi Jackie---that would be GREAT! I'll be in London this Sunday May 18th. Look forward to meeting some of you....thanks for responding.
Katia Sunday 25 May 2008 12.54pm
Welcome in SE1, Mark M. Check out the lunch club thread, we'll have pizza on Friday. The restaurant is a five minute walk away from where you are.
jackie rokotnitz Sunday 25 May 2008 6.13pm
And come over to mine on 4th July...
Mark M Thursday 29 May 2008 6.18pm
Wow Katia and Jackie--thanks so much for the invites. The 10 days flew and I was mostly doing stuff furnishing the flat, etc. I'm back in Saudi now but will be there again last week of June. July 4 in New Orleans. (Essence Festival) Perhaps we could get together end of June? Will keep checking this site---what a great way to meet people. Mark

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions