New to SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 26 July 2008 8.06pm
Hi I'm Ali, just moved to SE1 from Bedfordshire and loving it. It's so not true what people say about Londoners being unfriendly - they so don't know what they are talking about!

Live just of Tanner St and been there for 3 weeks so far and would love to get to know some friends in the area. In case, you are wondering I'm single and 40 (just) and it's so true life begins at 40 and its definitely the new 30 :-)

Love food, movies, books, pub quizzes, travelling, walking (although no hills allowed) so if everyone fancies getting together on the warm evenings for a natter and a walk after work let me know.

Hope to meet some of you soon.
Saturday 26 July 2008 11.07pm
Well done Ali, best place in town, SE1. See you at book club.
Friday 5 September 2008 11.42pm
Hey I'm new too, been here a month and I'm lovin it (well I was in New Cross before so the only way is up). Just started work at Guys, and living in Guy St, I'm going to this 10th party on saturday so maybe see some of you there? Ab
Thursday 2 October 2008 10.06pm
So sorry have been so slack - just seen your reply. I live just of Tower Bridge Road but just started a part-time master's degree at Goldsmiths in New Cross. Whereabouts in se1 do you live?
Wednesday 15 October 2008 2.15pm
Hello from another newbie,

I arrived a couple of weeks ago and loved SE1 immediately! I'm volunteering for Apple Day this coming Saturday, otherwise, anyone fancy catching up for a social drink & chat?

About me - single, 30, Australian and female, also looking for bar work (or similar) in the area.

Thursday 16 October 2008 10.25am
Hi Binni

Why not go along to fireworks at Jackies on 5th Nov, you will meet lots of SE1ers there. Just add you name to the firework thread in this section and she will add you to the guest list and give details on how to get to her roof terrace nearer the time. she lives in Metro central heights at the elephant
Friday 17 October 2008 12.57pm
Great, thanks Jac!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: