Fancy joining a book club?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 11.12am
Hi,

My name is Gaelle, I'm 26 and I live near Borough.
I love reading, and I've been willing to join a book club for ages, but can't seem to find one, so I thought: why not form one?

The idea would be to meet up once a month over a few glasses of wine to discuss our favourite books.

If you're interested, drop me a line! :)
Tuesday 30 September 2008 11.51am
Hi Gaelle, SE1 already has an established book club which meets the first Wed of every month. Why not come along tomorrow 7.30pm to the Britannia Pub & join us?
Jac
Tuesday 30 September 2008 1.40pm
Yes why not come along if you are free tomorrow night. The Britannia pub is in kipling street so very handy for the Borough. We have just read Mike Gayle Wish you were here and next months read is Call the Midwife- Jennifer Worth
Tuesday 30 September 2008 1.57pm
Thanks for letting me know; I had no idea!

I can't do tomorrow, but will give it a try next month if that's ok.
How many people are coming? Is it always at the Britannia?

Thanks guys :)
Tuesday 30 September 2008 2.17pm
It varies from 6 to 12 people, and is not ALWAYS the Britannia pub or even ALWAYS the first Wed of month.

New people are always welcome to join, and reading of the book is not a prerequisite. You will be very welcome to join whenever you can.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 2.20pm
Cool - would you mind letting me know when the next meeting is?
I'll make sure I come next time.

Thanks for the info
Tuesday 30 September 2008 2.24pm
keep an eye on the last page of the Social thread "Calling all book lovers in SE1" (it has 1700+ posts but you can go directly to the last page for the most recent posts). I think we will decide tomorrow evening where we meet next month and someone usually posts details on that particular thread.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 4.28pm
Tuesday 30 September 2008 4.39pm
Thanks guys, will keep my eyes peeled for the next meeting.
Apologies for opening a thread for nothing!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: