Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 2 November 2008 7.58pm
Hi everyone. Many of you know "the drill" but for those who dont here goes:
a)Come to Metro Central Heights (Newington Causeway and Northern Roundabout of the Elephant and Castle).
b)Go to the concierge and say you have come to Jackie in flat 323
c)You will be checked off the list (you must leave me a name so I can tell them you're coming). Then you will get a slip of paper with instructions! Sounds ridiculous but it's a bit of a mission. You will get a CODE and you need directions to the SOUTH BLOCK.
d)Wear warm clothes it's blowy out there on the terrace.
e)It will be nice if you bring something to eat or drink...we all pitch in and it makes for an eclectic sort of meal.
f)WEATHER PREDICTION IS DRY!! Fingers crossed!
Look forward to seeing y'all.
Wednesday 5 November 2008 8.55am
Putting this to the top to make sure no one gets lost!
The awnings will be off to keep off the rain!
Wednesday 5 November 2008 3.35pm
Hi Jackie - we're looking forward to tonight! Is there visitors parking on the property or nearby, or would you suggest the tube is the safest bet?
Wednesday 5 November 2008 3.57pm
Ooops I see I put "awnings will be off...." mistake, awnings will be OUT so to protect you. No, no visitor parking. You can park in Southwark Bridge Road, or nearby streets. But Tube is definitely best. Take the South Bank Uni. exit.
Thursday 6 November 2008 9.17am
Jackie, thank you so much for the party, and for letting me bring my neighbor at the last minute! Your terrace is fantastic--what a view! The soup was just the thing, though the night did seem to warm up as it went (or maybe that was just the wine!). So nice to meet so many SE1ers as well. You are the hostess with the mostest.
Thursday 6 November 2008 10.00am
Too bad we could not see the Southwark Park fireworks, but guess there is nothing that can be done about the building spoiling the view.... Had a great evening, thanks!
Thursday 6 November 2008 11.24am
Thanks Jackie for such a fantastic evening, such a beautiful view of London at night. The highlight of Bonfire night must have been the fireworks being let off from your roof. Delicious soup and food and wine and great company. You are the hostess with the mostest!
Thursday 6 November 2008 12.25pm
Jackie - thanks a lot for a wonderful evening and for letting me jump in at the very last moment. I enjoyed this very much and it was great meeting so many interesting and nice people from SE1!
Thursday 6 November 2008 12.47pm
Jackie. Thank you for an absolutely sparkling and fizzing night. Highlights included your jacket, being nearly set on fire by the Plumkins, and meeting hoards of nice new people - plus of course plenty of old lags...

I don't recall noticing any fireworks though, I must have been too busy chinwagging.
Thursday 6 November 2008 1.15pm
Yes thanks again Jackie, all the jacs had a great time.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: