Venue needed for Charity Fundraiser (Pub Quiz)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 December 2011 5.18pm
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can please help? I work for the Chartered Institute of Linguists and we are holding a number of fundraising events in support of the Crisis at Christmas campaign to give shelter space to homeless people over Christmas and, even better, access to Medical Professionals etc. I have a number of individuals both within this company and the wider local community who have expressed interest in a 'pub quiz' to raise funds. The problem is, I don't have a pub (or other similar space). Is there anyone who can donate space? It would be fantastic if somebody could help us out! Alternatively, if you would like to get involved and attend the quiz, please let me know.
I do appreciate that it is party season but I need the space before Christmas :)

Many thanks,

Sarah
Wednesday 14 December 2011 12.19pm
You could try the Bridge House (Tower Bridge Road). They have an upstairs function room that would be great for this. Wayne, who runs it, is a lovely chap and I'm sure he will help if he can.

Otherwise, you could try St Anne's Church Hall (Thorburn Square). The vicar is Stewart Hartley. Website address: stannesbermondsey.org.uk

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hayley
Thursday 15 December 2011 12.17pm
Hi Hayley

Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions, I'll definitely give it a go!

Best,

Sarah
Monday 19 December 2011 9.04am
I'd suggest speaking to the Crown on Blackfriars Road the landlord is very helpful and they have an upstairs space which might suit your needs? Worth looking into anyway :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: