Need space for Real Mexican Food

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 25 June 2012 10.40pm
Hello Amigos,

Im looking for premises around Bermondsey street (or between Se1 and Canada water) to open Mexican place, and need your help if you know any empty premise in the area or someone willing to change trade of their food currently on market...When I say Mexican food I mean it!!! Real Mexican food from breakfast, lunch an dinner place, with real chilles, spices and tortillas imported from Mexico for tacos, alambres (aka fajitas)and many other dishes that makes a differnce in the area from the usual suspects zucca, antico, jose, pizarro, gregs k, del asis, village east, delphinaaaa and bla bla bla...(Im surprised there isn't Indian rest)
Look forward to hear from you.

Gracias for your help.
Tuesday 26 June 2012 10.01am
Sounds great - I hope you find somewhere. There are a few empty units on Tower Bridge Road (the section south of Grange Road) but they might be too small and would almost certainly require change-of-use applications.

There's also a large unit at the bottom of the new building opposite Bermondsey Square/Del Aziz - but I think this has a retail classification, so again you'd need to apply for a change of use.
Wednesday 27 June 2012 11.30pm
Sounds perfect -- London has a deficit of authentic Mexican restaurants! Best of luck and keep us posted!
Saturday 30 June 2012 8.07pm
Thanks for your comments and support Bel and James.

And yes Bel my best option so far is at Bermondsey Island, opposite Del Aziz, Im in talks with the agent but OMG it takes ages with this guys. I was waiting also for the new appartment block under construction next to it but lookslike it wont have premises.

So we'll see what happens.

Thursday 5 July 2012 2.16pm
I think Bermondsey Island would be a good spot as you already have decent footfall around Bermondsey Square.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
Monday 9 July 2012 10.51am
Good luck in your search for a premises. It would be great to have good Mexican food locally as London is really lacking quality restaurants for this type of food. We went just the other night to find a Mexican restaurant in the SE area but ended up coming home & making our own out of disillusionment with the existing choices.
Friday 28 September 2012 10.40pm
Please please make fish tacos! Without them being fried and crap like the ones in wahaca! Cant wait for you to find a place :)
Sunday 28 October 2012 8.22pm
Hi Guys,

The Agency EA Shaw and his representative let me down with the property at Bermondsey Island.
After a lenghty negotiation of more than 7 months, the architects of EA Shaw could not find a suitable way to extract air from building.
They were blind to the fact of Gregs kitchen or Jose are able to extract air from kitchen without ducts running to the side of the wall all the way up to ceiling.
Anyway I do not give up and still looking for a place to open.
And Julia 7239...I know Whahaca very well, I have visited different locations and I have to say that they have a big problem with cosistency in taste of their food and even though Tomasina the head chef has traveled around Mexico to bring here real mexican street food. She still lacks the Idea of what real Mexican street food is as I have never seen in her Menu huaraches, tortas or sopes, huevos rancheros for breakfast for example. I see she is just trying to take advantage of her fame on TV and make money only with her rapid growing whahaca chain. But still lack of passion to bring real Mexian food.

I will keep you informed guys

Jonathan Castro

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: