Website advice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 12 June 2013 1.47pm
Hi,
I want to set up my own website but don't really know where to start. It's a personal one, not business, my sister wants one for her wedding, never heard of this before but they're quite common at the minute. Does anyone have any advice for a novice? I've been looking online and seen this kind of thing http://website.1and1.co.uk/create-personal-website but it's not an area I'm familiar with.
Thanks in advance.
Sunday 16 June 2013 1.35am
Dont use 1and1's its not that flexible

I would try in this order

1 Squarespace
2 Webs
3 Jimdo

let me know you get on

A
Wednesday 19 June 2013 2.12pm
Thanks for that AlienPsyTing, will do!
Wednesday 26 June 2013 5.11pm
Holders80 wrote:
Hi,
I want to set up my own website but don't really know where to start. It's a personal one, not business, my sister wants one for her wedding, never heard of this before but they're quite common at the minute. Does anyone have any advice for a novice? I've been looking online and seen this kind of thing http://website.1and1.co.uk/create-personal-website but it's not an area I'm familiar with.
Thanks in advance.

Hi
The best option to create a website of your own is Wordpress. Worpress allows you to quickly put together a blog along with a website. My web designer built my Personal training site on a Wordpress platform and I love that I can easily post on my blog.

Hope this helps.
Friday 28 June 2013 7.46am
My website build on Joomla! I Very happy .
Sunday 30 June 2013 7.49pm
Joomla and Wordpress are both excellent at what they do, cheaper at say 20 / yr rather than Webs, jimdo or Squarespace (60/yr) but you will struggle as a biginner to learn them and additionally finding a theme may cost you extra ($79 is average for a cool professional theme)

My advice is still as above - good luck

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: