You just can't get the staff these days!?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 13 November 2013 2.26pm
Does anyone have any ideas of a good place to advertise a job?

I'm trying to expand my sales team (by 1 so not a great expansion)but I'm struggling to find anyone. In the past we've posted adds on gumtree and had literally 100's of responses, granted only a dozen or so would be even remotely worth considering but this time we only had 6 responses; called 2 in for interview and they didn't even show up! I know the unemployment rate fell a little last month but surely there is still 1 or 2 out there looking for work?

I've posted my ad on this site yesterday (no response so far), it's the sales exec one, but if anyone out there has any ideas of where else I could advertise (that doesn't cost a fortune - I can't afford to use agencies who'll want a minimum 15% in commission) or knows of anyone looking for work I'd appreciate the help.

Sorry James, wasn't sure if this classed as discussion or business.
Friday 15 November 2013 9.51am
What is the job? Maybe people here can refer you to someone good :)
Friday 15 November 2013 2.15pm
James B- wrote:
What is the job? Maybe people here can refer you to someone good :)

James, as Miriam noted, the job description is posted in SE1 classifieds.
Friday 15 November 2013 5.23pm
Ah sorry I completely missed that.

Thanks
Friday 15 November 2013 5.25pm
Miriam, I am interested in the position you have on offer. Please respond soonest. With thanks. Donna
Saturday 16 November 2013 11.35am
Aldonna - If you look in the classifieds section of this website you will find the details of the vacancy and how to respond.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 18 November 2013 9.36am
Thanks James. Aldonna if you are interested in the position, please email your cv to the email address given on the job ad in the classifieds section.

Thanks
Monday 18 November 2013 9.46am
James B, the full details are in the classifieds but a summary may be useful for anyone who may know someone......

I have a coffee and tea distribution company, selling to the Hotel, restaurant, cafe sector. We distribute an Italian espresso coffee, a premium Italian range of teas plus a more everday British range of teas, coffee machines and sundries (sugar, syrups, frappes etc...). The job is for a sales person (full time) basically to go out and find new customers and to maintain them and our current customers.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: