Winchester Walk Security

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 6 March 2006 12.43pm
I have been made aware that there is a security issue around Winchester Walk with a number of break-ins and bicyle thefts.
Is there anything that we can do to help make the area more secure or at least a way we can let others know of current risks or incidents.
Monday 6 March 2006 12.57pm
As Mike knows, I have started a mini verson of 'Business Watch' for Winchester Walk. I have been contacting our neighbours on the street to collect up contact details for each firm so that we have an 'early warning system'. I aim to use the list to share information on security issues - passing on advice to firms and passing their concerns back to Better Bankside, the police and Southwark Council.

Last week, we had a visit from the 'Head of Community Safety' at Southwark Council, Jonathon Toy, together with PC Arthur Hazel, a local home beat officer, and Dave Simpson, from Southwark Council's Anti-Social Behaviour Unit. I was encouraged by Mr Toy's apparent interest in the street and he appeared keen to make sure that the council's wardens do not neglect our quiet and vulnerable little street. They were all keen to ensure that security fears and incidents should be passed on to them to help them build up a clearer picture of how we perceive crime and the threats to security and safety. I will pass the information on to my contact list and encourage people to pass on their concerns.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: