Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 12 May 2006 4.07pm
Does anyone have any good recommendations for getting paper recycled? We have had such a poor experience with Southwark's Recycling 'service' that we would very much like to find an alternative.

Is there a reasonable service out there or is this something Better Bankside should be condiering providing or at least promoting?
Tuesday 13 June 2006 3.11pm
Very interested to see if we get any replies to this. It is certainly something we've been thinking about.

Giles Semper
Deputy CEO
Better Bankside
020 7928 3998
Friday 8 September 2006 1.08pm
Hello Giles and Richard

We use a company called FirstMile, they charge us 73p per large bin bag and they collect once every Thursday at 5:30. Accordingly when we first started with this company (before my time) we advertised the service to the businesses in our area (Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square and Shaftsbury Ave), however there was limited uptake, I may try again in the near future.

You can put more or less everything mixed in the bags apart from food and soft plastics (tesco carrier bags), but plastic cups from water coolers are ok.

Here is the number just in case 0800 612 9894, hope this helps.

Any other companies that you're aware of let me know.

Kind regards

Ben Davies

Business Co-ordinator
Heart of London Business Alliance
020 7839 3409
Wednesday 13 September 2006 10.39pm
Thursday 21 September 2006 3.10pm
I used First Mile, bit slow quoted one price and charge 20 more. Just be careful if your using it for a one off.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: