Business banking - who is good?

Better Bankside is the Business Improvement District for Bankside.
We aim to make the area a thriving place to do business.
Find out more about what we do.

Better Bankside
Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
MarkR Tuesday 5 December 2006 2.29pm
I have a small, but quickly-expanding business (about 200k turnover this year, probably half a million next) I have been banking with Alliance and Leicester but have got frustrated with their very poor web-banking interface. I want to switch. I would like the service that automatically empties the current account every night ... I can't seem to find anyone who does this. Can anyone recommend a business bank to me? I hear nothing but horror stories.
biscuit boy Sunday 10 December 2006 9.54am
Hi Mark

I've had the same problem the way our bank treat us you'd think we'd got the plague. Can never get hold of people at the business centre, akes weeks to get paperwork out of them and the stupid thing is we're currently trading at around 1M turnover and it's likely to grow to 5M+ in the next year or two, I even ohoned another branch with a business centre and tried to get a meeting set up so I could move my account and they never phoned back - It's Lloyd's TSB by the way.

I've heard very good things about Nat West's business services but the one thing that has always put me off if the queue at BHS branch always seems to be out of the door. I have been introduced to a business manager at their City branch who is very highly regarded and I am meeting him this week so if he seems as good as I've been told he is I'll send you his details

If you find any other good banks let me know
MarkR Monday 11 December 2006 5.18pm
Thank you biscuit boy. I have heard that Abbey National is half-decent, and Bank of Scotland have their supporters ... but I am still waiting for a first-hand reference.
Lazy i Friday 5 January 2007 9.52pm
We use Natwest where I work and they empty the current account each night. Our business manager is really helpful too. Why do you Q up? To pay cash? If [aying in cheques I would send them by post. L
Beener Tuesday 29 May 2007 2.21pm
Hi - I have a small turnover and I am using Abbey which is free online and I make all my deposits via the cashpoints (as it is mainly cheques). It might not be right for you but I am liking it so far!
eileen20 Tuesday 29 May 2007 6.26pm
The company I work for use Lloyds, they do an automatic sweep each night into a Corporate Interest account, you name the balance you want to keep in it and they do the rest
Nick Harding Thursday 16 August 2007 6.09pm
Hi MarkR

We have used Royal Bank of Scotland in Bishopsgate for 12 years. The Corporate team is excellent and they too offer a sweep facility. You also get the direct phone numbers of each of the team members, as well as that of your relationship manager, and you can meet up with them anytime. They also do same-day web-based transfers to unlimited (within reason, I suppose) amounts. Let me know if you want an intro.
solutions4finance.com Monday 20 August 2007 3.14pm
As well as thinking about how the bank can look after your money, you really should consider their charges (obviously!), and borrowing and overdraft facilities if you ever need them.

Some banks may look good at the outset because their advertising focuses on their strengths (obviously).

Having said that, they are pretty much all the same, they just have different faces!

Just
MarkR Wednesday 22 August 2007 5.51am
Hi all,

Thank you for your recommendations. I have heard good things elsewhere about Abbey's online banking and thank you for your kind offer re RBS Nick, which I might well pursue.

Best wishes,

Mark
eileen20 Friday 24 August 2007 3.40pm
Ohhh

The company I work for have banked with Lloyds for in excess of 80 years- THEY CANNOT PROVIDE INTERNET BANKING !!
We are thinking of going to A & L , they do a Hiher Interest Cheuebook account ? Looks good, and all Internet options also.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Better Bankside

Better Bankside is the Business Improvement District for Bankside.
We aim to make the area a thriving place to do business.
Find out more about what we do.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions