Where would you like cycle parking in the area?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 12 December 2006 10.05am
We are starting to scope out a cycle parking project for the area - Bankside and immediate environs. Please post your views on where cycle parking is urgently needed.

Giles Semper
Deputy CEO
Better Bankside
020 7928 3998
gs@betterbankside.co.uk
Jac
Tuesday 19 December 2006 2.35pm
Not sure if its in your area but more cycle parking needed near hays galeria and More London/potters field. The ones outside on your bike are nearly always full.

Also around borough market both high road and side streets would be good. Generalyhave to find convenient railings but even these can become pretty cluttered at times.

It may be worth posting a thread in the SE1 discussion to get more cyclists opinions as not everyone looks at the business section, but you only have to read through thread on cyclist to see that most get lots of replies. or is it only business that you want to hear from.
Thursday 21 December 2006 9.40am
Thanks, Jac. Will do that. No we are not only after businesspeople's voices.

Giles

Giles Semper
Deputy CEO
Better Bankside
020 7928 3998
gs@betterbankside.co.uk
Monday 15 January 2007 5.03pm
There's a definite need for extra parking spaces on Borough High Street (near the memorial/Slug & Lettuce) and also on the opposite side of the street near Prontaprint.
At the moment there's only two cycle bars and they're always fully used, with many more cycles randomly attached to nearby signposts and lampposts. Ideally, there seems to be a need for about 6-10 more bike parking spaces.
Friday 19 January 2007 4.04pm
Parking near the Founders Arms that doesn't involve trying to attach bikes to railings would be great.
Friday 26 January 2007 2.50pm
also near the Leathermarket Gardens/park (not sure what it's called). I'm thinking near the Weston Street entrance in particular.

Also, there's a definite need for something at the southern entrance to London Bridge Station (ie in the little pulling in road next to Starbucks and opposite Guys on St. Thomas Street) - the railings are always hugely congested with bikes randomly attached.
Monday 29 January 2007 11.42am
Bicycle parking would be handy out the front of the Art Gallery at the Menier Chocolate Factory.When I pop into see the exhibitions I usually have to share the steet lamp posts with other cyclists.
Wednesday 14 February 2007 11.48am
also something near Bear Lane / Emerson street (back of the globe area). I've been to events in the Rose a couple of times and that usually involves chaining the bike to the residents railings - I don't suppose they're too happy about that.
Wednesday 21 March 2007 12.16pm
All this is excellent and thank you. We will be reviewing our audit of cycle parking next week and publishing our proposals as to where the parking should go. We are also working on possible funding sources.

Please do get back to me if you are interested in the outcomes of this project. We have a target to get 50 new places into the public realm by the end of the financial year!

Giles Semper
Deputy CEO
Better Bankside
020 7928 3998
gs@betterbankside.co.uk
Wednesday 23 May 2007 11.32am
can't there be some individual enclosed boxes for bikes? I don't like mine to be stolen and would cycle more if there were safe places to lock it up.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: