Urban Housekeeper

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 May 2007 11.32pm
Hi - My name is Rebekah Gordon-Duffy and I have lived in Waterloo for 5 years now, having bought a flat close to Lower Marsh. I really love this area and think that a real sense of community prevails which is unmatched in the suburbs.

I have just started a home-management and erranding service for busy SE1 locals called Urban Housekeeper. I saw the need for a live-out "wife" service when I was trying to renovate my flat, work a 50 hour media week and cope with an ill relative.

Please have a look at the website.it is early days and I am keen to spread the word locally.

www.urbanhousekeeper.com

I am keen for feedback and support and welcome any suggestions for networking and promoting this venture in tandem with other businesses in the area.
Monday 14 May 2007 4.10pm
What a good idea! I'll check it out!Jackie Rokotnitz
Monday 14 May 2007 10.49pm
Thanks, hope you like it!
Rebekah
Monday 21 May 2007 11.22pm
I think this is a great idea and I like the design and feel of the web site. Search the SE1 Discussion section of the forum and you'll see that there are lots of peoples who need cleaners and perhaps other services too. Good luck with it. Chris
Monday 11 June 2007 1.17am
Thanks Chris - I'm thrilled to say it's all going well with this enterprise. There seems to be a demand for our services at private home-catered parties when some extra hands (and a smile) are very welcome. We have been rather busy with that; a wedding yesterday and a garden party/BBQ the weekend before that.

We are young but already evolving!!
Wednesday 13 June 2007 1.07am
Rebekah - one thing you might consider adding (and which I may be in the market for next year) is a gardening service. I have a small garden, but it needs weeding, watering, mowing once every 2 weeks and I often don't have the time to do it. So far I haven't got anyone in because the only way to get access to the garden is through the house and I would need some sort of guarantee that it is safe to leave the key with the gardener.

Glad it's going well.

Chris

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: