Meeting space/members club SE1 or near-by

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 4 September 2007 3.43pm
We are looking for a suitable members club and/or meeting venue at which to meet clients or work from on a regular basis.
We would like a corporate membership scheme that includes all of our eight staff and a venue that has lots of additional facilities i.e. a bar, restaurant, wi-fi, meeting rooms etc.
Does anyone have any recommendations for this area?
Tuesday 4 September 2007 4.32pm
Tim -

Very much hope you get other responses to this as I'd be interested to hear!

A lot of us use the Members Room on the sixth floor at Tate Modern. During the day on weekdays it is pretty quiet and comfortable, and they installed wifi not so long ago, although I find it a bit slow. One is aware that a fair number of people are using it for business meetings in the afternoon. It certainly wows friends and clients if they've not been before.

If I have any other thoughts I'll come back to you. I was just thinking last night that we needed a members club along the lines you've suggested. Maybe you should start it!

Giles Semper
Deputy CEO
Better Bankside
020 7928 3998
Tuesday 4 September 2007 4.40pm

Thanks for your suggestion, I will add it to the shortlist.

Thursday 29 November 2007 8.29am
Dear Tim,
My name's Matt Taylor and I am responsible for sales & marketing at the Union Jack Club in Sandell Street! We are a private members club for serving and ex-serving members of Her Majesties Armed Services. We have some traditional and modern conference and meeting rooms which I would hope would meet all your requirements. If you would like to come and see for yourself then please email me at to set up an appointment.

Kind regards

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: