Domain service for my online business.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 8 September 2007 6.09am
I am planning for an expansion of business making it online. So I need a web hosting service, which can provide me domain and handle all hassles of domain registration and parking. It should offer hosting in both Windows and Linux. Can anyone refer me any web hosting service suitable for me. Thanks a lot!
Saturday 8 September 2007 1.22pm
Hi Dianne

There are plenty of companies that will be keen to to take your money and host your site. Try www.1and1.co.uk, they will host you and organise your domain name. If you are happy with a .co.uk domain name it is 6 (or less) for two years (no catches), hard to argue with that. I have my domain registered through 1&1 and am now on the third two year renewal at 6 a go.

If you dont want a massive web site and intend to create your own most of the ISP's that you sign up with will include some web space in the price of your internet connection. This may well be adequate unless you have grand ambitions.

Have fun.

Regards

Peter
Monday 10 September 2007 4.25pm
Dear Diane,

Essentially there are two types of hosting out there: Shared hosting and dedicated/managed hosting. Before signing up with a host it would be good to consult with your web designer/developer to assess what your site needs. For our web clients we actually separate domain registration (with Ukreg) and hosting. There's some benefit in this arrangement because if you're not happy with your host, you simply repoint your domain elsewhere.

It's also good to plan ahead in terms of growth. Because of the speedy advance in web technology, most business sites have a shelf life of 2-3 yrs before they get rebuilt, so be prepared to upgrade and improve within a short cycle.

If you're planning to sell things/services online you will need eccommerce-enabled hosting.

For shared hosting, I've heard 1&1 is great, Ukreg (domain) and Fasthosts (hosting) are good too and have been around for many years. If you need help on managed hosting pls feel free to get in touch, Take Care, M
Monday 24 September 2007 3.15pm
You could do worse than talk to the guys at www.juxdesigns.com

Speak with Gavin, Tom, or Craig on 01626 369 662

Good luck

Justin
www.solutions4finance.com
Tuesday 25 September 2007 2.35pm
Diane - Mickey (above) is being backwards in coming forward. I can thoroughly recommend him for this kind of work. He constructed the BB website, among other things:

Mickey Lee
Mediamixer.co.uk
0207 433 3457
info@mediamixer.co.uk

Giles

Giles Semper
Deputy CEO
Better Bankside
020 7928 3998
gs@betterbankside.co.uk

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: