Chaucer Ward Panel Meeting

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 23 November 2007 2.56pm
The Chaucer Safer Neighbourhoods Team is pleased to announce that our next ward panel meeting will be on the 7th of January 2008 at Southwark Police Station. The meeting starts at 7pm and is due to finish at 9pm.

The meeting is a chance for residents, businesses and other users of the ward to tell the Safer Neighbourhood Team about your concerns and what you would like us to concentrate our time on.

If you are interested in attending or have any other issues you would like to discuss, please call on 07920 233917 or email on Chaucer.snt@met.police.uk
Wednesday 9 January 2008 2.19pm
Hi,

I wanted to report back to the forum. (My apologies in advance for the length of this post.)

I was curious to see what goes on at this type of police meeting, so went along.

I live in the Jam Factory & field enquiries to our residents association, many of which are to do with:

I'm moving into the area - personal safety on the streets, flat burglary, bike/ car thefts, that type of thing.

I'm already a resident - updating on current scams & problems, known groups causing trouble, preventative measures introduced by the police & council workers, results of previous complaints.

We have both residential & work units in our complex & it was good to get information on issues effecting both.

I was really impressed with the meeting. Everyone was very friendly (I went by myself)- present were police officers, people from council departments & people from the wider community - individuals, tenants associations, that type of thing. It wasn't stuffy and didn't go on for too long. The police even provided food & drink for the meeting!

These meetings are a good opportunity to meet the people who work in our community & to raise any concerns you have. Chances are the issues you raise also affect others - we all sit back and wait for *someone* to do something about it! Ultimately everyone stands to benefit.

If you haven't previously considered it - if you live or have a business in the area, I would highly recommend these meetings to all.

Best - S.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: