Clothes retail

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
CGB
Wednesday 12 March 2008 2.09pm
Hi Everyone,

As a relative newcomer to SE1, I am delighted with the amount of bars, restaurants, fitness centres, culture etc. that the area has to offer.
The only thing I truly miss is clothes shops and even a department store! Does anybody know of any plans to get one of these to SE1? At present I'm either having to trekk to Oxford Street or Canary Wharf...
A Zara would be nice :-))
A Space NK too!!!
Thank you in advance for your replies.
Cristina
Thursday 13 March 2008 11.00am
Hi Cristina,

Yes, many lament the lack of this kind of retail in our area. Without wishing to pre-empt responses from women (!), you can find a JOY outlet in the Bluefin building on Southwark Street. A Marks & Spencer is coming into the adjoining Bankside 3 building, but we do not as yet know whether it will carry anything other than food.

Otherwise you need to go down to Hays Galleria, where you'll find the long-established Carducci Shoes, plus a Next and an Accessorize.

Regards,

Giles

Giles Semper
Deputy CEO
Better Bankside
020 7928 3998
gs@betterbankside.co.uk
CGB
Thursday 13 March 2008 11.16am
Thank you for your reply, Giles.
While I wait for the Zaras and Topshops of the world to realise the huge untapped potential in SE1, I will take consolation in the fact that the Cabot Place West mall in Canary Wharf is opening 12 new shops today, most of them clothes, make-up and accesories, a mere 10 minutes away by tube!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: