Best way to advertise?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 1 April 2008 10.43am
Good morning!

My business has just moved into a slightly "niche" market in supplying "exotic" and difficult to source cars such as Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martins, Rolls-Royce etc (see website vehicles tab under "prestige and performance" section).

Our business so far has been more concerned with cupplying more "ordinary" cars on lease, contract hire, and personal contract hire, so other than the odd request for something more special our experience of actually marketing them is limited.

If you take a look at the website you'll get a fair idea of the type of car I'm talking about, and my question is: how do I market them?

Obviously my first port of call was to think about the type of people who would want one of these cars, and the answer was anyone with money who wants to shout about it!

What I'm looking for are marketing/advertising ideas - ways to get my new range of cars under the noses of those who would buy them. Any and all ideas gratefully received.

Please respond to me on here so that everyone can read the ideas - you never know, some of the ideas could benefit anyone.

Thanks very much

Justin Miles
Tuesday 29 April 2008 4.52pm
Anybody got any ideas? All suggestions gratefully received.

Monday 5 May 2008 1.04pm

Looks like you provide a very interesting service and one that I aspire to use.
We publish customer magazines and websites that 'sell' our clients products - anything from sports information to help people place a winning stake, through to membership of associations. We are a team of in-house writers, designers, publishers and web developers.
What strikes me about your question is that you need to get in front of a fairly specific demographic so as to generate solid leads. We have teamed up with a distribution company who distribute our high-end magazines in select locations such as private airports, heliports, gyms, clubs and hotels. The benefit for our clients is that the magazine is reaching an untapped audience who fit their target market and we can be sure that copies are not ending up in the 'wrong' places.
I'm sure you didn't write a post just to be pitched, but in the absence of any other reponses I thought I'd run the idea past you. Contact me if you would like a more detailed proposal.

Friday 24 October 2008 1.45am
Organize a competition, amongst your 'target' market, a free weekend, or an afternoon with a car at a racetrack (Brands Hatch?)
press release it in local media - very difficult to reach affluent, as they may not read local press.
this way, you have control over costs.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: