Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 29 January 2009 12.38am
Hi all,

I just found an earlier forum topic from deeno on live-work properties and thought I might be able to get some advise from you guys.

I'm an artist and I'm looking for a studio to rent in south london. Really what I want is a commercial space, but I want to be able to live there too. I'm trying to find out what the legal situation is on living in a commercial property - will it officially need a change of use classification? Is it possible to simply rent a commercial space and live there, or would I need to specifically rent a space that was already designated as 'live/work'.

If anyone could give me some advise on this it would be much appreciated.


To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network