Need help - Thinking of buying in Jam Factory

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
paz
Saturday 7 March 2009 5.06pm
Hi All
First time post here. I am thinking of buying a flat I have seen in Jam factory. I have not yet had the time to view it (though my parents have viewed it on my behalf).

I love London Bridge area, I used to live on Tanner Street but do not know much about the area of Jam Factory - what are the pros and cons of moving to there, the flat itself looks amazing on the inside however I am concerned about
a)Travel time to local underground stations as I work in Notting Hill
b) local area safety and things to do

Can someone please help and let me know quickest walking times (I am fairly fast walker) to each of the main tube stations, and also thoughts on the local area, in terms of safety late at night etc.

Really appreciate you help in this! I know I have to go and look to really see but it helps to ask people that really know the area.

Thanks
Paz
Monday 9 March 2009 10.03am
Hi

I live in the Jam Factory and am part of our residents association. I can say that the The Jam Factory is a FANTASTIC place to live.

London Bridge tube station is about 13 mins walk and the E&C is about the same.

Buses (1, 188) into Central London stop on Tower Bridge Road.

Notting Hill daily is not going to be a fun Journey however...

Are you looking at an existing flat or one of the new Block D ones?

Lots of good bars and restaurants in Bermondsey Street and Borough Market.

Crime is what you make it.... If you are careful (ie don't walk the Old Kent Road at 3am), no problem.

Regards

Rob Croydon
paz
Monday 9 March 2009 11.23am
Rob Croydon wrote:
Hi
I live in the Jam Factory and am part of our residents association. I can say that the The Jam Factory is a FANTASTIC place to live.

London Bridge tube station is about 13 mins walk and the E&C is about the same.

Buses (1, 188) into Central London stop on Tower Bridge Road.

Notting Hill daily is not going to be a fun Journey however...

Are you looking at an existing flat or one of the new Block D ones?

Lots of good bars and restaurants in Bermondsey Street and Borough Market.

Crime is what you make it.... If you are careful (ie don't walk the Old Kent Road at 3am), no problem.

Regards

Rob Croydon

Hi Rob
Thanks for getting back to me - am looking at one of the existing ones, not sure which but it has tiled white flooring throughout and with Acorn estate agents
I agree - the main concern is travel time at the moment, will have to weight things up i reckon!
thanks
paz
paz
Monday 9 March 2009 11.24am
Hi Rob
Thanks for getting back to me - am looking at one of the existing ones, not sure which but it has tiled white flooring throughout and with Acorn estate agents
I agree - the main concern is travel time at the moment, will have to weight things up i reckon!
thanks
paz
Monday 9 March 2009 5.00pm
Paz, I live close by Jam Factory, and was used to living very close to a tube, so travel time was a major concern for me too when I moved in. I go out to w.london twice a week - further than Notting Hill - taking Jubilee line from L Bridge and then Central line from Bond St is actually v.fast. Also, I walk/cycle/scooter far more around here and am totally less reliant on tube. There are millions of buses from TBR/OKR but once you're on a bike/scooter, they seem v.slow. So, don't be put off just as a tube isn't on your doorstep - Borough tube is closest if you just need northern line.
Wednesday 11 March 2009 7.39am
I have lived in The Jam Factory for 4 years and can only echo what Rob Croydon said: fantastic! You will find the walk to London Bridge station very pleasant (13 minutes indeed) and once on the Jubilee Line it all goes pretty fast. I went to Notting Hill a lot, and did not find the journey long and would certainly consider that distance as a daily commute.

What's more, buses to the West End are quick and easy.

Cannot recommend The Jam Factory enough!
Wednesday 11 March 2009 7.53am
Just curiosity, why is The Jam Factory fantastic?
paz
Wednesday 11 March 2009 10.22am
Hi Guys
Thanks for comments! Parents are still tossing up pros and cons (as they do), but will keep you all posted! Theyve now seen a much cheaper flat which is smaller and certainly hasn't got that wow factor but its literally a min from borough tube and has underground parking for them, the more you see the less you can decide!
Cheers!
Paz
Wednesday 11 March 2009 10.24am
Beautifully designed and very nice people who live there. Great sense of community.

I live in Cape Town now and, as it happens, I will be hosting 4 Jam Factory neighbours here next week. I suppose that does say something about how well we all got on.
Wednesday 11 March 2009 3.29pm
Is there much difference between walking down Tower Bridge Road at 3am and Old Kent Road? I dont think so.

Rob Croydon wrote:
Hi

Rob Croydon
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: