3 week holiday apartment need for a returning expat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 14 May 2009 3.46pm
As a local Bermondsey girl I have been registered with this excellent site for some years, but am now an expat courtesy of work demands.

My house in Bermondsey rented out for obvious reasons and I am looking to come back to London between 19th June and 11th July for holiday.

Getting really naffed off with the inability of agents to guarantee me a 1 double bed, kitchen, decent living room WITH OUTSIDE BALCONY OR BETTER apartment for those dates. The outside space is available on loads of stuff that is advertised, but 'not for sure' as the last agent put it. Not to put too fine a point on it, I booked an apartment with a balcony and their terms and conditions had 'balcony not guaranteed'.

So if anyone has a decent apartment available that meets my criteria, for these dates, or knows someone who has, please be in touch. I am up for a very reasonable rate per week 600+.

My absolute essential is a decently fitted kitchen and OUTSIDE PRIVATE SPACE. Think I have made that clear!!

I will watch this space if anyone can help before Monday 18th May, else I guess I will have to go with the crap being available 'not guaranteed'.

Thanks in advance

J
Thursday 14 May 2009 6.51pm
Francesca, have you tried looking on vrbo.com or homeaway.com?
Friday 15 May 2009 10.23am
thanks for that - seen some fabulous apartments, all booked!! but a good place to look when I am better organised and booking earlier.
Monday 18 May 2009 2.56pm
Francesca

I have a large 1 bedroom apartment that will be available for that period. Its on the 5th floor and one street back from the river (partial river views)on Chambers St. Top spec open plan kitchen [washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer]. French windows open onto 10m x 1.5m balcony [yes 10m!] with 2m x 2m secluded seating area [dimensions are approx from memory but you get the idea - long balcony plus seating area] and modern white bathroom with shower / bath. The flat has just been professionally cleaned ready for rental but is currently available for your dates.

Give me an email on bryce.mcfadden@barcap.com if you are interested.

Bryce
Wednesday 3 June 2009 5.57pm
Hi, Ive pm'd you

Thanks
Thursday 4 June 2009 3.11am
Just to let everyone know I have found somewhere, thanks to this website!

Thanks all

Francesca

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: